Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. so i got my alternator replaced and all. and the belt squeals. but i also have something thats far worse.... there is a loud squealing noise coming from my engine bay. SO loud that the whole parking lot head it... 10x louder than the belt on the alternator. Its so bad that i can feel, when its squealing, my shifter and clutch pedal vibrating. now it wont happen when im giving it gas. i also found out that it mainly happens when im in neutral and in gear with the cluth engaged... now when im in gear giving it gas, it goes away. is something going on in my transmission? PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i believe so. i was thinking it might be the tensioner. i will check tonight. thanks for the quick reply

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
If it's happening consistently, then just remove one belt or the other and run the car to see if it still squeals. That'll narrow down the problem real quick.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
true it will. also the alternator belt made noise a lot earlier than this loud noise happening.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have the same problem with my new altinator. sounds too me like the coolant is leaking onto the belt from the water pump but i am not a mechanic.................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts