Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
wow looks wild!

wonder what size turbo that is now...

glad to see he is running a water to air intercooler now. seems like all the big power fe3's are running it too now. im also changing my setup over for water2air

just a few oddities that struck me about the setup.
before he claimed about 900hp on his turbo and nitrous fed fe3. 900hp seems about right seeing it went 8.70's for a while. now back then he was still running conventional fuel, c16 for sure. i figured 1000hp'ish is already well past the limit for regular fuel. generally a lot of the 1000hp+ 4cyl motors run alcohol at that point.
i also imagined the next step up for louis would be a monster sized turbo running methanol. seeing it still has an intercooler, i would say he is still on normal fuel. the turbo, some kind of turbonetics unit, definitely not a thumper or y2k unit. looks like a 4" inlet with a 2.5" outlet on the compresor, which is pretty vague in terms of turbonetics products, but not much bigger then his previous setup by any means.
oh and whats with the liner clamps on the silicone couplers?

then again, i see some crazy improvements over the last setup, and maybe this is just the setup to break it all in, lol. the whole thing looks tubbed and tin'd
looks like an external oil pump, so probably dry sumped now. wondering if he put a th400 behind that thing now, if so, even better.
whole rear end is wild. looks like it has a lot of room to grow and go faster making the same power as before. would like to see that thing on meth with a bigger turbo in the future though!

p.s. the weld draglites look a lot better on his truck then they do on my mx6, heh

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I remember seeing that blue truck on here before. That's a sick truck. Does anyone know what mazda truck that black one is? I can't wait to get mine running....sooo close.

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
in SA they have 323 utes. so thats what it is. over there they call them bakkies. there was an fe3 powered 323 bakkie on here a while back, but it was fwd std.(ish)

·
Registered
93 Posts
The new project is a methanol powerd fe3 motor but it runs crap the motor does not last the motor i got in my car is almost the same as the one he has got ,but mine is normally aspirated
The guy does a lot of trick stuff to the motor but he is not helpfull at all ,to many secrets

·
Registered
11 Posts
shwine617 said:
I remember seeing that blue truck on here before. That's a sick truck. Does anyone know what mazda truck that black one is? I can't wait to get mine running....sooo close.
Hi ,

Thats a Mazda Rustler(LDV),quite popular here in SA, the Mazda is running a T66 Ball Bearing turbo.It was featured in a local magazine some time back,i still have a copy of it somewhere,hes spent a lot of $$$$ on the ldv, this thing is awesome ,full CF front end..Ill try and scan the article if u guys are intereseted. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.