Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 89 non-turbo and i was wondering if any of you know if i can raise the idle. it is idling at about 4 or 5 hundred in drive, this i think is to slow and causes the car to shake when stopped. any info would be aprreciated.

B

·
0 Posts
RE: Low idle

well, well, if you ain't having the same problem as me... I've troubleshot the system, and i've figured it out to a solenoid that controls air intake during driving conditions. I've been trying to locate it under the hood, but to no avail, but I've found the schematics in the haynes manual. Whats happening, is when you're in park, your idle is controlled (basically) through the air adjusting screw on the top right of your injector area, but when you put it into drive, that is bypassed. I'm still working on finding it, and when I do, I'm going to replace it. Good luck, if you find it, please email me!

Adam

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure but I thought this might be part of my problem, let see what you think. I checked my oil today and noticed that it was low. The oil is not leaking from anywhere so i further investigated where it was going. I pulled out a spark plug and noticed it was covered with fresh oil, could this be a major problem and make my idle problem? The only thing i could come up with is that i have to replace my rings, but before i do that i am going to check and see if my pcv valve is bad. got any thoughts on what this could be?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts