Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all...sorry I'm joining the party so late. I don't surf around as much as I used to.

Here's the predicament....my '94 MX-6LS is in need of new bushings for the lower control arms. Does anyone know where to get replacements either in polyurethane or rubber?

My dealer says they only come with the whole control arm which is $200+ per side. I only need the bushings....

If anyone has a source or a lead....please post ASAP

My car steers and rides way too loose... anyone??

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well, the dealer wasnt lying. I had the same prediciment. But I ended up buying it, taking the bushings off, then returning it. Worked for me!

·
Registered
193 Posts
corksport

corksport.com has mazdaspeed ctrl arm bushings available for like $158 (new price) for both sides. They are harder rubber than stock, but still rubber.
I ordered them a couple of weeks ago and should be getting them soon. I would call and ask first if they have them in stock. I called and they only had enough for 2 orders.
As far as install....don't know...I'm hoping a mechanic JPMX6GT knows will be able to do it here in NJ. A mechanic had my car on a lift, used a crossbar type lift to support it by the frame and then shook my right front wheel forward and back by hand. My bushings are pretty shot. Heavy pull on acceleration as well, while the steering wheel stays still. Try and check motor mounts as well, I had a bad one and if you change bushings with bad motor mounts, they'll just go bad again!
hr

·
Registered
172 Posts
maybe this will help

hey i saw this in the newest super street magazine. there's a company called energy suspension that makes polyurethane bushings that don't wear due to road contaminants. its page 100 in the february 2001 super street.

·
Registered
193 Posts
someone on here tried to do a bulk buy on these bushings, and checked with energy suspension but they didn't have any kits for our MX6's or the Probes. They asked if we could get one put together if there was enough interest and they basically said.... no.

hr

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bushings

Thanks for the input everyone. I already knew from Probetalk that Energy Suspension doesn't have a polyurethane replacement kit of bushings...too bad!

Thanks to DedlineNJ for the tip on the motor mounts. I'll get that checked out as well. Even though I don't have any big mods for HP going on...it's a good idea to check them out. Like any old rubber band, rubber mounts will break down and deteriorate to some degree. I have a '94 with 135k miles and 5 years out of the last 6 were in Chicago. Rubber, cold weather, snow and road salt are not a good combo!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts