Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wanting n e one whos lowered ther car to simply post a pic if possible and list info on the parts used for the drop and could you please include how comfy the ride is and if closing the wheel gap in the back(since its bigger) is possible

i dont want the to turn into an opinionated post about whats good or not as far as springs and coilovers.
i just wantto see what lowered 6s look like
also keep in mind im not doing this for show purposes,so know i dont want it slammed i just want the cars squat and center of gravity reduced,mainly cuz our cars have nasty fender gaps

pics appreciated:) :D ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ephwang said:
so with those spring..is the ride smooth,those are pretty much the springs i wanted but wasnt sure what applications were good for our cars

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Here's a pic of mine, similar scheme with almost the exact same setup sans the rear sway bar.

These are probably the best springs for our cars bar none. An H&R and Sprint combo is slightly better but requires some serious sway bars and a bit more valving adjustment. But than again I doubt you care to take your car to that extreme, just looking for a lowered and more rock solid ride.

When you buy these (don't buy anythign else) spend the extra money to buy the Tokicos Illuminas. Or if you don't have the money, buy the Tokicos Blues (forgot the actual name, but they're blue and everyone call them that) or if money is very tight some KYB GR2 might even suffice. DO NOT be a cheapo and use your stock strut (which are blown by now for sure) or buy OEM replacement strut (valving will be blown in a month) but rather buy one of the three I mentioned above. I made that mistake twice now on several of my cars and have paid for it everytime. Saving $200 now will cost you $400 later down the road.

Oh and if you have the good struts to go with the Eibach, the ride is damn smooth. It does tend to get rough on broken pavement since these springs are progressive, but overall the ride is actually smoother than stock. And the car will be alot more solid, no more lofty feeling when turning.

·
Registered
440 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts

Here's my car. Lowered with Ground Controls on Tokico HP(Blues) struts.

Front has about a 2 finger gap, and the rear has about 3. Ride sucks cause of aggressive spring rate. I love how it looks though! Front is about a finger off the bumpstop. Rear still has a ways to go, I could lower it more, but I have to cut the perch and change the tires(they rub cause they are 225s).

·
Registered
318 Posts
MX-Sixy Mama said:
so with those spring..is the ride smooth,those are pretty much the springs i wanted but wasnt sure what applications were good for our cars
What parisifil said. :tup:

I was like you, looking to lower (and improve handling) without sacrificing the ride. The Eibachs are perhaps the best compromise between ride and handling. I'm very happy with the Eibach, its a little stiffer than stock but doesn't punish the body. H&R springs have a higher spring rate so I imagine the ride would be even stiffer than the Eibachs. Tuning the Tokico Illumina struts will also plays a big part in the ride quality. Another thing is to make sure to trim the strut bumpstops! If you don't, everytime you hit a large bump, your suspension will slam into the stop and that is for sure a ride killer!

·
Registered
318 Posts
gchild said:
Here's my car. Lowered with Ground Controls on Tokico HP(Blues) struts.

Front has about a 2 finger gap, and the rear has about 3. Ride sucks cause of aggressive spring rate. I love how it looks though! Front is about a finger off the bumpstop. Rear still has a ways to go, I could lower it more, but I have to cut the perch and change the tires(they rub cause they are 225s).
What spring rate did you get?

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
ephwang said:
What spring rate did you get?
I don't know, I got them used, but I know these can't be the softer version...my rear passenger strut already blew! Hasn't been a year yet. I may end up saving for some softer rates, or Illuminas. Or better yet loweredfool on Probetalk's air ride system with the adjustable damping. Heh, I can only dream!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Re: Mine

Dan White said:
Dropzone Coilovers down about 1 & 3/4"
Good stiff spring for road racing and such.
Not so hard that its an uncomfortable ride.
If you have good struts of course!

- 450 up front, 350 rear.
Do you have a side view of your car and is that the Timberline grey? I have that color but for some reason, your car looks tight as hell and mines sh*t :shrug:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Re: Mine

Dan White said:
Dropzone Coilovers down about 1 & 3/4"
Good stiff spring for road racing and such.
Not so hard that its an uncomfortable ride.
If you have good struts of course!

- 450 up front, 350 rear.
it wont show the pic.................coreection
do you have a different angle?
nice color!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Check my Signature......DropZone Springs and KYB-GR-2 Struts...rides good and handles excellent

·
SUPER SAMARAIZER
293 Posts
INTRAX KYB

i put in intrax springs an kyb gr2 shocks..i love the appearence of the drop it covers all gaps an isnt 2 low like sprint an not as high as eibach's ....there verry aggresive like a pitbull an the ride is verry stiff yet comfty...........when it was new its been 2 1/2 yrs since then an with only about 84.000 miles put on since then the shocks are dead an the ride sucks to a point were everyday to an from work i feel like walking instead..over the tiny bumps the fricken car just plows down an bottoms out since theres no rebouding pressure from the shocks an the springs make it worst by bouching up an down..oh an lets not talk about corners, scary like hell feel like cars going to skid right into the rails....if you get more than 1.5 drop springs dont get kyb's they just wont last long,probably good for stock or eibachs i recommend shelling out the extra cash for some illumina's for shocks an choose any type of springs..im at the moment decideing either stick with intrax for the look and have the springs sag later an get illuminas or get eibach's an illumina an not get looks but awsome handleing...youre call make it good or youll spend more money than you really want to down the line

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I'm not sure I'd classify but he's rozzie, dirty litle girl she is, with Tokico illumina's, and ground control's sitting on Volk racing GTU's 18 by 7.5's.

·
Boostaholic
2,029 Posts

Here's mine. Dropped with Intrax. I hate those now. The rear end is a little lower than front now and the ride quality really sucks as it bounces and does things. They've come down year by year. I think I'm getting a set of Eibach's as they seem to be in good reputation. Just hoping my Koni sports aren't completely ruined by these crappy springs... :(

Mici

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Im on Tokico Illuminas and eibach pro kit springs.

I have them set on 5 (very hard) The Eibachs are one of the hardest of the springs too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts