Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyne could help me out with lowering my 1st gen. I know that many of you i.e peterd, use king super lows, however ive been told by everyone, repco, autobarn, pedders etc, that king dont make super lows for my car, so which model do you use? Ive currently got king lows which are fine in the front but useless in the rear, read 1.8 inches between rubber and guard lip. Any help would be very appreciated. My car is a sports car not a mazda tribute!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
c'mon guys help me out here, i know some of you have king super lows!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
i dont really know what ur asking...
i use super low king srpings and they are fine.

if there is a 1.8" gap there after lowering, i would say the people who originally lowered ur car got the wrong spring length or u didnt ask them to lower it enough.

with no one in the car, there is 0cm gap between rubber and guard at rear, and maybe 0.5 cm at front. when 5 people in the car, the tyre gets swallowed, but the tyres never rub anymore since i changed back to 195's from my previous 205's which used to scrape quite a bit with 5 people in the car.

i think a good guide is just to lower both front and rear by 2"

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Kings definately make super lows...

I can't remember the part number I'm sorry, but call Kings direct to get the part number, and then give that to the guys to get a price. Unfortunately in many situations you have to do peoples jobs for them!

Alternatively, if you already purchased the lows, simply take them out of the rear, and you can have them reset by a spring place for around $50. Ask them to reset them 1.5" lower, or something you'd like?

Pete

·
Registered
25 Posts
It cost me $80 in Melbourne for a pair of kings low rear to be reset 1inch. They spring man did say that they are now not as effective because of the re-tesioning. my 626 now sits slightly higher at the rear over the kings lowered front.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks PeterD thats exactly the answer i wanted. Ill give them a call on monday. Thanks fellas,
f2

·
Registered
137 Posts
Super low
Front KFFL 80
Rear KFRL23 SL

Low
Front KFFL 25
rear KFRL 23

Mine are the super low and they are now, after 8 months too low. The car bottoms all the time. Not happy.
Get the lows on the front. Trust me you will be happier if you drive on bumpy of hilly roads.

MrE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts