Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a 2nd gen. and i have been wanting to lower it for a long time. but i have no idea how low i should go. so if you could help out and just post a side veiw picture of your car showing and telling how low it is and maybe what type of springs your on.i would like to 1.2, 1.6, 1.8, 2, 2.5, and 3
thanks

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
I WILL MAKE THIS THREAD A STICKY IF WE CAN GET SOME GOOD INFO AND PICTURES ON HERE. THE OTHER LOWERING SPRINGS THREADS ARE VERY OUTDATED AND DON'T HAVE PICTURES WITH THEM. POST UP GUYS!

I have Eibach springs with Tokico Blue struts and about a 2" drop all around.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
this is my old RS, stock in the back and eibach springs with stock struts in the front I think it was 1.7"? not positive on that but anyways here you go...

this is as close to side view as I could find...

·
Registered
418 Posts
http://www.mx6.com/forums/gallery/206229-eibach-apex.html

too lazy right now to get all the info out of there but theres alot in that thread and the other threads i posted links of

dont forget to get new strut mounts and other key suspension parts when youre lowering it or it wont be at its best......control arms, strut mounts, bushings etc

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys keep postin though. this is a pic of my car right now. feel like im drivin a truck. but im just tryin to figure out whats going to look best. but chefspot you should sticky this once people start postin more. we need to get just about all the springs that they make for are car. with a picture telling how low it is. and there will never be anymore questions.

·
Registered
752 Posts
My 2 inch drop next to stock, not sure what brand the springs are

·
Premium Member
9,394 Posts
I will absolutely make this a sticky if we can get enough good info and pictures on here. I would like to lay it out like my other stickies and have links to websites that sell each spring along with spring rates and pictures of each option installed on a car. Maybe I will work on getting everything together this week.

Keep posting guys. I will need good pictures for the sticky!

·
Registered
941 Posts
A little, the guy i bought it from said you have to shave the side of the strut or something for them to fit so its a pain in the ass. They are also hard as hell. Any little bump you hit hurts like a bitch. Eventually i am gonna redo the suspension but for now these will work.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Tokico blue struts and Apex lowering springs, advertised at 1.6" drop all around:

I'm not satisfied with the drop, however, it's a very comfortable ride, doesn't sacrifice ride quality at all.

Either way, it's still alot better than it was before the lowering (4x4 mode!):

·
Administrator
5,189 Posts
I think instead of going by manufacturers' specs on how much the drop is, it would be good to measure the distance either from the center of the wheel to the bottom edge of the fender, or from the ground to the bottom edge of the fender so that we have a better idea of which setup leaves you closer to the ground.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I think instead of going by manufacturers' specs on how much the drop is, it would be good to measure the distance either from the center of the wheel to the bottom edge of the fender, or from the ground to the bottom edge of the fender so that we have a better idea of which setup leaves you closer to the ground.
only problem with that is the size of the wheel and tire will affect it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
hey i dont have many pics..

but
tokico blues and eibach in front.... stockers in rear with healla tons of system weight lol... also a couple pics from before.

before

before with 18 rx8 rims

after

after

honestly ... the best dollars i have ever spent .. well other then system but ya .. handles nice ... everythign is nice now.
and i aint rollin 4x4 anymore...

i did not take measure ment but it seems that mine actually dorpped over 2 in... cuz mine was flying ever so high before.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts