Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a bunch of threads about Eibach and Intraxx lowering spings here. Does lowering the car have any handling advantages/disadvantages? Please inform this poor lost soul

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
TurboMX6 said:
I've seen a bunch of threads about Eibach and Intraxx lowering spings here. Does lowering the car have any handling advantages/disadvantages? Please inform this poor lost soul
Handeling advantges with lowering springs... YES, DEFINITELY. When you make your car lower, you lower the center of gravity of the car. So, when you make a sharp turn, the car won't lean as much as if it was stock. Say this for say, Imagine one of those tall Rider rental trucks right. When they make a sharp turn, the whole truck sways to the opposite side of the tuen because it has a high center of gravity. So, if you have a Ferrari F50, and make a turn at high speeds, since the car is so low, you'll barely sway at all. There are also a lot of other things you can get for your car suspension wise to make it more stable. Strut bars, sway bars, stronger bushings, etc are just a few.

As far as dissadvantages, YES, there are some. Since you will be making the car lower, the springs that you get hve to be stiff in order to compensate for the lowered ride. Hence, the ride will be stiffer than if you had a stock suspension. The best setup I've found as far as struts and springs are Tokico Illumina adjustable struts. meaning that you can actually regulate how stiff r soft you wnt your car to feel and Eibach springs.

I couls go on forever writting about suspensions....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts