Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you guys have your cars lowered, I am about to order a set of Eibach springs. How difficult a job to fit them is it??

Cheers in advance

Dave

G

·
well, to get someone else to do it its pretty easy...jj! i did mine myself and my first recommendation is to rent a spring compressor (i didnt and turned an easy job into a harder one), you can usually rent them at auto parts stores...anyway, you will only need the spring compressor on the front installation, you wont have to compress the rears at all. the fronts are very easy to get at, but the back is a little trickier. i actually removed the whole back panel in my car so i could get at the tops of the struts, but i really dont think you have to do that. it'd be a tight fit but you might be able to do it from inside the trunk. my recommendation is to loosen the large bolt on top first before you remove the struts. that thing is probably on very tight and if its still in the car it makes it much easier to get off later. after getting the struts out its just a matter of removing the big bolt on top and letting the spring pop off(dont put your eye out...haha). then, seat the new springs and reassemble. all in all, it took me about 5 hours...it would have taken 2 or 3 if i had done things the easy way...oh well...i know better for next time. good luck!

G

·
before you order eibach spring, some one on the forum can get coil overs for 320, I suggest you get those you can enhance the cars height the way u want it.

good luck

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the advice guys The coil overs when adding the cost of sending them to the UK works out quite expensive the springs will cost £152 UK approx $200 US.

I will do the job myself

Cheers again

Dave.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts