Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have a set of Apex coils on their car? If so what do you think of them? Is there anything better in the same price range?? ($350 cnd).

·
Registered
108 Posts
i have not heard about the apex coils but the eibach pro kit is pretty good for right around 200 us dollars and if u wanna get the best i would go for coilovers which are adjustable but also more expensive,

·
Registered
202 Posts
By apex coils, I take it you just mean springs, not coilovers? I haven't heard of these either, but your options are:

Springs:
eibach - noticable drop, much improved cornering, decent ride
H&R - a little more drop, not as much cornering improvement
Intrax - big drop, not much cornering improvement, decent ride
Sprint - I don't know anyone that has these

Coilovers:
Ground Controls - very nice. rougher ride than springs usually, but adjustable and great handling
Weapon R - very stiff ride, good handling, cheaper

All the springs will be in the neighborhood of $200 US. The coilovers will be more expensive, $350 US and up.

I would recommend the eibachs if you want the most bang for the buck. They are the most proven, and a good compromise between performance and ride quality. I have eibachs with kyb struts. My car handles really well. The ride is a bit rough, but not too bad.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are just the springs not coilovers. I got them already and they will be installed on Sept 5th. They said it would drop the car 1.6". Will I notice a big difference in appearence? How far did your car drop with your springs??

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
What kind of strut you using, that's important too. BTW survive if I let you ...canadia woman are confident aye? Thats sexy. LOL...JJ.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just using the stock struts, there recently new so why not. I'm very confident when it comes to my car})

·
Registered
20 Posts
i just had a set of b&g springs installed in my car and i love the ride but it's only 1.4" drop but it drives smooth and corners great. i have also been told bad things about ground control coil overs. oh yeah **** what any one else tells you canadians have alot to be proud of :cool:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Coil overs shoud only be used w/ adjustable shocks. The E's were designed to use the factory (but good') shocks. They offer the best 'bang for the buck' but coil overs let you adjust the car to climate, personality, racing, autoX, and girlfriends (w/ adjustable shocks).

·
Registered
108 Posts
Rogue6 said:
Coil overs shoud only be used w/ adjustable shocks. The E's were designed to use the factory (but good') shocks. They offer the best 'bang for the buck' but coil overs let you adjust the car to climate, personality, racing, autoX, and girlfriends (w/ adjustable shocks).
coilovers do not have to be used to adjustable struts. especially the gc coilovers which are one of the best coilovers out. they have the best overall quality, handling, etc. when you get coilovers you should change out the struts because they put more stress on your factory ones that they are not used to but you could just replace with a stiff non-adjustable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts