Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much different my 1995 mx6 would look with 1 1/2 inch lowering springs? would this be a noticeable difference?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you don't have a bodykit on there I would think that it wouldn't be the noticable. Personaly, when you get to 1.8" that is when you can tell a difference. But that is up to you. Are you looking for something just to get rid of some of the gap?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah. I have 15 inch wheels with 195/50/R15 tires, and I want to close up the gap. I found a good deal on a set of springs for 1.5 inches and I thought if it would make a big difference I would do it.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I think you will definitely be able to tell the difference. Even with the stock 15"s. Then if you manage to get bigger rims with a little bigger diameter tires, then that would really make a difference. I would go for it. think ahead.... are you Planning on getting rims in the near future?? If so, then get atleast 17"s with a 45 profile tire........That's what I have.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want to get more rims soon. these aren't stock wheels. they're american racing snipers. My stock wheels are 14's. I bought 15's because I had a set of tires for them. But I can't afford more wheels or anything. Thanks for telling me. I think i will get the springs.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Eibach springs...

I had my springs replaced with the Eibach Pro Kit. The specs rated it 1 1/2, but after driving it for a few weeks it settled in and I measured it to 2". My car looks nicer and noticeably lower, much lower. It looks the nicest from the front because it resembles an rx-7/porsche, honestly. The complaint that I have is the ride which is so bumpy and noisy (with 205/55/15 stock). Another problem I encountered was getting the -1 camber kit which was hard to find in stock and it took 2 weeks to order (spent $85CAD on the kit) installed myself. So basically your car should settle in as being +1 (most MX6's do). I can't imagine the stress and agitation I'd have if I were to put a body kit or lowering it more. Go with Eibach, it's specially made for our cars and gives it enough room for the odd obstacles on the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.