Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi mx6 fans. maybe someone can help me out...i have a green 93 mx6 lowered with h&r springs and am seriously upset with it coz it doesn't look lowered!!! spent $500cdn for it and it looks like crap. i can't complain about the ride but it looks kinda bad especially with 17" enkei rims & w-10 Z r45 rubbers. i've seen nicely lowered mx-6's but i don't know if the springs were cut...which i'm trying to avoid. that would be my last resort. i'm in vancouver and i've seen maybe 2 or 3 nice mx-6s but that's it. any suggestions?

·
Registered
579 Posts
lowering...

did you cut the bumber stops? also, it's too bad you already bought them, cuz i'd suggest intrax springs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah, i thought of intrax but some of my buddies tried them and said they're not that good although it drops around 1.75. i'm trying to find coilovers which i saw one of the pictures in this site...eibachs. cost the guy $340us according to him.

·
Registered
281 Posts
If those H&R's are 2.5" springs, I have some modified Ground Controls that I bought used but never installed. They work with any aftermarket 2.5" spring and I'll sell them for the price I paid which was about $150cdn shipped. With these you can lower your car as much as you want.
If you want them e-mail me at [email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what do u mean by 2.5" springs? i'm not sure what type of H&R springs i have but it only lowered it by 1.3". where r u from? i would be interested if it'll sure lower my car more. am about to get a front lip and side skirt on...what did u do with your lowering?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'm in Brampton, On.
I haven't lowered my car yet... I'm in a BB at probetalk for eibachs though. I don't really like lowering the car too much so it really doesen't matter to me. If you want you can find out what it would cost you for actual ground control springs and you could mount those on my GC's... I would trade you straight up for your H&Rs if they were for a Probe but as it is I don't think they would fit right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm in vanc.
i'd have to ask some shops to help me out on what's best. i'm very happy with the ride of the H&R springs. cost me too much but it was worth it at that time. this was around 10 months ago. but now i want it lower. the GC's your talking about might work with my springs but can u give me more specs on it so i can ask shops if it would work.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't know if you've ever been to Mike P's site but he has a link there to Julian's site. Julian is a KL-know it all in the UK and he modified these somehow to work with standard 2.5" springs (ask the shop if that's the diameter of your H&R's) and he had them in his 626 for while with (I think) eibachs. He sold these to me for $99US a few months ago but I just figured I probably will never want my car lower than 1.25" drop anyways... I can't tell you much because I don't really know much about these, you'd have to ask Julian himself I guess.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
hey sephiro... im really interested if u still got the coil overs and thats a CRAZY PRICE TOO!!!! let me know ASAP because i have some spare change... can u gimme some more details of the drop and raise and how they install and how much it might cost to install em... also the shipping price to toronto.. my email is [email protected] THNX AGAIN!!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mazda_Speedstar said:
hey sephiro... im really interested if u still got the coil overs and thats a CRAZY PRICE TOO!!!! let me know ASAP because i have some spare change... can u gimme some more details of the drop and raise and how they install and how much it might cost to install em... also the shipping price to toronto.. my email is [email protected] THNX AGAIN!!!

I'm close by in Brampton, but I'm pretty sure you didn't read my previous posts thoroghly. My Ground Controls don't have springs. You can use regular after market springs with them or the actual GC springs from the company... I think you can drop as much as 2.5" or 3.5" (one of those) with these added to whatever springs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts