Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I just got to thinking, a lot of 1st gen people want to put body kits on their cars...and something doesn't seem right to do that if the car has over 100k on it. So what is the lowest miles a 1st gen has here? I'm at 196k so I definitely don't qualify.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Why don't you think it's a good idea to put a body kit on the car if it has more than 100k?
It would seem to me to be worse to put a kit on a low mileage car, but that is just me.

·
Registered
235 Posts
80K original engine! No real problems yet, once I brunt out a head light bulb (OH NOOOOO!!!)

·
Registered
332 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
173,000 kilometers. original engine second owner.bought it at 97,300ks.had it for 4 years. not bad distance since the average australian vehicle travels at least 30,000ks a year. where i live you can drive for almost 5days north and still be in the same state!!!!! or almost any other direction for 2 days and be in the same state. how bout u fellas?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Looks like Manifest has the lowest milage with only 70,000.

Manifest,
Is that the original engine? I thought for sure I would be the lowest, since in the past 3 years I have only put about 8,000 miles on my car.

·
Registered
180 Posts
not even close to low mileage record

163,000 on second motor. first one blew because the water pump wasn't working properly. oh well, i still love this car!

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Low mileage 6er's

Wow,would'nt it be great to have under 100k,but i'd only believe it if I had bought the car new or if the original owner had a documented service record. First off,if I had one it would stay basically stock except for the usual stuff:wheels,suspension,engine/exhaust mods,and a killer sound system! Wow,now I be in MX6 heaven. Body kits are kool too,and with these cars capable of going 200k as you are about to experience,my suggestion would be "Go for it" regardless of mileage. Kits are getting rather limited availability wise,but if you want it just do it. It's worth the effort to compete & beat those Hondas. Only my thoughts, (JBGoode)

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
125.000km. or 78125 miles
original engine, blown headgasket twice.

Frank

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I had the original engine in the car up to 68K, at that time I lost a coolant hose and warped the head blowing the headgasket. I have a new longblock in there; and I am in the process of building up the old engine.

·
Banned
395 Posts
177,390 miles on original engine, tranny,and clutch. booo-yeah

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Looks loke I lost this one. Wish it would have been asked who has the most miles on there 6. As I know have 268,818 miles on all orginal drivetrain except clutch.:D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts