Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i have always considered car to be pretty damn mint and i know its got good mileage for its age. i want to see if any one has got me beat.

129 000km
its a 1990 btw

·
Registered
109 Posts
i got 184 000 on my 88. And it was aus delivered.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
Mine's got 257000 on it, but When I bought it back in 2001 it had 190000 on the clock with a brand new engine only 10000km out of the crate...I saw the receipts from the seller, and couldnt believe my eyes...

Since then i've pretty much replaced everything, so the mileage doesnt matter anymore, it can be anything.

I just wish that the body was in better condition, the previous owners werent the most careful people in the world.....

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Mines got 235,000 now. It had 200,006km when i bought it. But like chief tool i have replaced everything that you could possibly replace. Though it was perfect when i got it, nothing really needed to be replaced.

The motor in it is Sabbai's old one, as is the gearbox. They have an unknown amount of km. Sabbai's car had 230ish when he got it, and 270 when it got smashed and i bought the gear. But when he had the head of it a few years ago there was overbore stampings on the pistons, so it has been rebuilt at some stage. F2T's will just keep goin and goin if they get regular oil changes, the only thing that really stuffs up is the valve stem seals and noisy lifters. But $200 odd to rebuild the head, and the price of a VRS kit your engine is like new again.

If the gearbox was the original one from the car its doing alright too! Its put up with 70,000kms of me and Sabbai abusing it, and besides the few chunks missing from the diff when i pulled it apart, the only other problem is the 3rd synchro is starting to go downhill in the last few weeks. But i'll be replacing that with a brand new one over christmas.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Firstlady - is it an auto??

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it runs like such a dream i have never even bothered to check it
im actually considering checking it now though, you sparked my interest

·
Registered
814 Posts
121,500km on my 2nd gen tx5 the 1st gen 626 220,000km with log books :D

·
Registered
752 Posts
wow, thats approx 7,000 km per year. It's very low. Whats is the compression in each cylinder?
I almost did that in a week in my 6 once, mines got 195,000km on it and it had 150,000 when i got it about 18 months ago

·
Registered
233 Posts
i bought mine with 168,000 it now has nearly 215,000 i recon thats a pretty decent effort by me. Iv owned it for nearly 3 years and iv replaced alot of shit in it. Still runs like a dream though

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I've got 16,000km's on the wagon and 13? on the Mx-6

1 - 14 of 14 Posts