Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm cruisin home late last night and i pull up next to this cobalt with exhaust, tinted windows and some half decent black rims. But anyway the guy has his window down like halfway and looks over at me and revs so i was like F^ck it and launched pretty low on green. And for how sh!tty my launch was i was like a car or two lengths ahead. I couldn't believe how slow his car was, we were robbin down the street for a few miles and every single time I'd pull on him. Anyway i was pretty stocked, i don't no i figured those wouldn't be that fast but i've lost to 1st gen. civic hatch (couldn't have been stock) and a ls teg be a hair cause i just had bought the 6. anyway i love race stories so hears one of mine. btw, what all have you guys gone up against wins? loses? later.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thats a good story- but check THIS one out:

There I was, about 10:30AM I was coming home from church, and some beotch pulls up in her Mercury Villager GS. I was feeling a little crazy, so I flicked her and her kids off, and started revin. Before I knew it the light was green, and the Mom took off and left me jerking across the intersection (as I had accidentally left it in 3rd).

I caught up to her about 4 miles away, and tried to flick my brights at her to try another go at a race. Well I must have been nervous, cause I hit the windshield washer instead and my window was down, so I got fluid in my eyes, and boy did it burn. It was intense, & my adrenaline was going crazy. Im glad we didnt hurt anyone.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
you foolio ian...lol

i haven't been able to race anyone as of late....everytime i get a acura, honda or anything else....i don't get nuttin..lol

·
Premium Member
2,017 Posts
raced lots of hondas and acuras, so far no loss to them. some well worthy losses ive had were a wrx sti (by at least 10 car lengths), nova (by less than half a car length), and my second worse loss a gti r32 (had just got done racing a eclipse w/big ass muffler and wide body kit w/black primer and big ass rims, beat him and just got slowed back down to 70 and look to my left and he got a good jump on me but i was surprised that he didnt just fly away. if i had a better jump i think i would still be tellin everyone about the time i beat a r32. oh well)

this happened on my way home from the oct 29th meet.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
i lined up against a deville last night (with northstar)...that shat was funny :D

i really wasn't trying to bait the brotha...but he decided he wanted to floor it, he took a quick fender length lead, then i spooled and by the time i shifted into 4th he was at least 15 lengths behind me....at LEAST...lol

but we came to the next light, and threw up the peace sign...i threw up the "shocker" back at him...lol

i thought the deville would give me a little more trouble....when i first got my 6, a seville sts kept up a lot better than that...lol

·
Banned
1,535 Posts
its funny cuz my car is slow and so far i have not lost a race yet. of course all that have raced me are those damn honduhs and acuras. i've prolly raced around 10 or more in all total.

hotass, my project failed with the skyline engine..... in other words its not going to go down.

so i'm just going to work with the internals on the stock engine, the bolt ons, the computer managements, and then of course turbo.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
15-20k....not too unreasonable...when you consider you'd be changing your FWD to either a 4WD or RWD system....who did you call? did you call my man Doug?

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
hey...i didn't say boosted ZE ;) HAHAAH

j/p...i'd still run with ya....your hp has got me beat...but i believe i'm over the wtq numbers you have ;)

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
i don't rev past 5300 ;) hahahah

i know you'd run me...being boosted in all

if i ever get my hybrid project off the ground and going....i might take you for a ride ;)

i just wish my clutch wasn't slipping in 3rd gear + up. i tried simulating a dyno run, 4tth gear rolling at 30mph....by the time i'm fully spooled up my clutch is slippin like a mofo...so i wouldn't be able to get an accurate reading. just wish i had the garage and tools to change my clutch....heh....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HotAss6GT said:
i lined up against a deville last night (with northstar)...that shat was funny :D

i really wasn't trying to bait the brotha...but he decided he wanted to floor it, he took a quick fender length lead, then i spooled and by the time i shifted into 4th he was at least 15 lengths behind me....at LEAST...lol

but we came to the next light, and threw up the peace sign...i threw up the "shocker" back at him...lol

i thought the deville would give me a little more trouble....when i first got my 6, a seville sts kept up a lot better than that...lol

...Shocker hahha this kids a clown

·
Banned
1,535 Posts
HotAss6GT said:
15-20k....not too unreasonable...when you consider you'd be changing your FWD to either a 4WD or RWD system....who did you call? did you call my man Doug?
yup, talked to your man doug. you were right about him not candycoating anything. my brother has been doing some research for me tho, so far he hasn't come up with ne thing but we'll see.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts