Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was about 12:00pm and me and my friend were heading home from work. i pulled up to a stop light and a blue v8 T-bird with this guy driving it and i guess it was his girlfriend in the passenger seat..but anyways the light turns green and the dude takes off.. i didnt even know he wanted to race he just took off. so i caught up nexted to him at the nexted red light..as were sitting there this guys is pointing and laughing at me and my friend.;. so i decided to try adn race this guy.. i was pretty sure his v8 would kill my v6 mazda with catback system exhaust and k&n intake... so i started to rev my engine waiting for the light to turn green..soon enough the light turns green and we both take off..in about first gear going like 35 i had the lead by like 3 or 4 feet not much at all.. i hit second and took off leaving this guy right behind me im not sure how fast we were going but i know it was over 85 b/c in 3rd gear he started to catch up so i droped it into fourth. well to makea long story short my v6 ruled over this v8 t-bird ..it really suprised me and my friend.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I think the T-Bird runs low 15's in the 1/4 mile, but has a strong top end. It shares it's platform and drivetrain with the V8 Lincoln LS.

Nice race:tup:what was his reaction after the race?

Juggalo

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
it's the same motor in the in the Licoln... a 3.9L v8 pushing around 280hp mated to a auto tranny.

The car is a pig though. It still wieghs a ton.

Good kill and even better driving... it should still have beat you!!!

Now all you have to do is hop to the 99+ Mustang and take on real Ford power ;)

·
Registered
848 Posts
aggiedj02 said:
it's the same motor in the in the Licoln... a 3.9L v8 pushing around 280hp mated to a auto tranny.
How come a 3.9L V8 made by Ford makes more HP than your 4.6L made by the same manufacturer?

Am I missing something?

Juggalo

·
Eternal College Student
4,645 Posts
yeah just like any v8 if you catch it at the wrong time you may not be happy with the results, but net acceleration over the quarter mile you should inch him out by at least a little with the mods you have.

i remember right before i swapped in the ze about a year and a half ago all i had was a cold air intake and borla exhaust. full cat, everything. we took off and i only beat the guy by about 1/2 car length.

try racin one of the super charged v6s. those things have over 300ft/lbs of torque!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Juggalo said:
How come a 3.9L V8 made by Ford makes more HP than your 4.6L made by the same manufacturer?

Am I missing something?

Juggalo
ya know Juggalo I have wondered the same damn thing... but I would still win in a race. I have GOBS of torque over that guy.

I use to think the torque the mx6 had was good... jeez this car is outrageous!!! But yeah, I get the shaft in the hp category from the factory. But with little exhaust mods and some CAI I can gain something like 40hp. So I am not too worried about it.

it is pretty sad though isn't it??? :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it was pretty funny actully after we raced and i started to slow down he flys past me and turns down a back street.So im guessing he was pretty pissed and embrassed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LS vs v8 t-bird

it was pretty funny actully after we raced and i started to slow down he flys past me and turns down a back street.So im guessing he was pretty pissed and embrassed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts