Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellas,

I found a place on the web thats got LSD's. There's no price at the site but someone could call 'em up and ask what's up for the 2.5 application.

Targeter

http://www.quaifeamerica.com
Mazda - MX-6/626 to order, call Mazda Competition at (800) 435-2508 (CA)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm not positive but I think at least a couple guys have the Quaif LSD installed already, and they might know how much it cost. If not look over at Probetalk I know a few of them have em.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've got a Quaife installed. Definitely not cheap! Its a top-notch unit, however. There is a clutch-type unit available from OMP, and used J-spec OEM units of the viscous coupllng type. Those are about half the price of the Quaife, but the same cost to install.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I can't remember what Mazda was going to sell them for... US$1300 or so? I got a bit of a deal on mine because I ordered it so early.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I seem to remember $1300 being the price they were going to sell for. you also have to order some bolts to modify the ends of the half shafts for use with it. Reports from ASword and the others with them are great. I seem to remember one about driving in the snow. If I'm not mistaken that was your's Andrew wasn't it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yep, I had ten minutes of fun in the snow. None of the torque steering effects that a few people were concerned about ... this isn't a clutch-type LSD on a RWD car -- a tor-sen style LSD on a FWD is awesome.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Little confused here.
We buy the Quaife LSD from Mazda?

I'm only bugging you with questions because I am seriously considering a LSD. I spin the tires easily enough as it is. I think it would be more worthwhile to install the LSD before doing any more mods to the engine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had my usual shop do the Re&Re, and they sent it to a local tranny shop. I had all the seals replaced at the same time and the flywheel done (MX-3 unit), so I don't have a number for just LSD. Plus I'm in Canada, so the number wouldn't convert very well. The bolts you need to install the LSD properly aren't cheap either... something like Can$150, just for bolts!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts