Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
its been out for years. my roommate has it even. lol.

its for the G series trans in the newer 626's. it can be used in the n/a 2.2 since it also uses a G series. but that wont fit the turbo trans. it could be made to, but would involve alot of machine work. there's another thread that just started for a H series turbo LSD. check that out.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AFAIK the FE-DOHC was mated with a NA transmission, or am I mistaken? :)

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Yer right Wibla. The FE-DOHC had a G5M. not the H5M.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right :)

So I guess it might be smart to move this to the FE-DOHC forum then? to avoid confusion later :D

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Right :)

So I guess it might be smart to move this to the FE-DOHC forum then? to avoid confusion later :D
If FE equipped cars were the only MX6/626's that had this transmission, you'd have a case ;)

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
As far as I know, putting the quaife LSD into your FE DOHC G-type box just means changing from 26 spline axles to 28 spline ones off the turbo models.

If you want a 26 spline G-type LSD there is an MFactory group buy going on over at clubprotege....this one would be a drop in, and its a little cheaper than the quaife.

·
Premium Member
2,999 Posts
I can't see all that much "machining" beng needed. What exactly?
Main difference between the two is that the G is a 10-bolt diff and the H is a 12-bolt diff . Theres also a small difference in width and I think the bearing sizes are different.

Gavin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts