Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola,

I have a now dead 1992 626 LX, and yesterday bought a red 1992 MX-6 DX. What can be done to part out the LX in the DX. I really like the DX's tail lights because its red on red. Any suggestions...?

Thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
The only real difference were just the luxury items such as power windows, aluminum wheels, and a few other things. I'm not as familiar with the 626 as the mx-6 so i'm a little unsure with all the differences between the two trim levels. All the mechanics of the cars are the same i'm pretty sure.

·
Registered
564 Posts
what compnut21 said, i think the only real differences is in the body (ie obviously the rear bumper, the front one, corner markers and headlight frames)

·
Registered
564 Posts
good catch:tup: they are totally different sizes, lol

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
the wiring is different and the regulators and latchs are different. i have already checked and they wont swap from MX6 to 626 , the seats will and the dash will and the hood will swap. all other body items will not swap. all the mechanical stuff will swap

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Makes sense about the ebrake, I was going to leave my car manual windows in anyways, now i don't have a choice.

Today I swapped out my custom grill, full intake system and few other small things,

Off topic, I noticed in my throttle body there was a lil oil/sludge, I might be doing the dual catch cans soon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts