Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Why do internet forums take a decent mid 30's male/female and turn them into Smartass Dip[shizzle]s?

I admit- A Sock wasn't the greatest Idea, But the members are worse than the Junior High Drama Queens.

I like the dumbasses that say he should've left the sock off and just drove home with an open hole. I've seen engines blow up due to that. And they call the thread starter a moron :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Walkertexas69 said:
still... how the hell would a sock seem like a good idea?
we all know it isn't, and he knows it too...
i guess at the time it seemed good, sounds like the guy just wanted to make it home for frig sakes lol

i feel sorry for him, i read like 2-3 people actually try and help him, and 1 other person defend his situation.

the rest were all drama queers. Im glad this forum isn't like that

David

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Yeah, I really feel bad for the guy, no one knows a single thing about the sittuation, who he is, how old he is....etc. He came on to maybe get some help, he knew it was dumb, he recognized that, they just showed how big of assholes most people are :rolleyes:

Reactions: Honda Etr

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
After a good five minutes of laughing (come on guys I'm sure you had a chuckle too) I kinda felt bad for him. Some of the responses weren't very intelligent either though. Saying it couldn't happen because that's not where the camshaft is?:freak:

metros

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
metros said:
After a good five minutes of laughing (come on guys I'm sure you had a chuckle too) I kinda felt bad for him. Some of the responses weren't very intelligent either though. Saying it couldn't happen because that's not where the camshaft is?:freak:

metros
actually...i didnt laugh at all...
probably because i expected to see a video with some editing of an M3 actually eating a sock (THAT would be funny) but the build up left me not to laugh at this guys misfortune.

kinda like laughing and flaming someone for accidently backing up into a pole or something...stupid and their fault- yes...funny - no

·
Registered
56 Posts
mx6dave said:
actually...i expected to see a video with some editing of an M3 actually eating a sock...
Same here!

I had a friend of mine show up in the driveway years back with a sock wrapped around his camshaft desperately seeking my help. Once we got the sock out and discovered no obvious harm was done I chuckled at him, although privately between us two, and sent him to the parts store to pick up a new cap.
Lesson learned... I hope.

Everyone makes mistakes, I know I've made plenty, but to laugh at somebody else's misfortune has never made any sense to me.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Guess that's just how me and my friends are. If one of my friends backed into a pole he'd never hear the end of it. Same with showing up at my house with a sock. We're assholes to each other but it's all in good fun and everybody gets their turn being busted on.

metros

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Why is it that "e46 fanatics" type, spell, and think more poorly than your typical riceboy? I stopped reading after the first page of retarded replies.

If it were me, I probably would just pull the valve cover off and pull the thing out, then check the cam for damage and proceed to flush the hell out of the thing. If he's lucky, it didn't shred into small fibers too badly.

I've had an oil cap fall off before, so I'm not going to call the guy a total dumbass. I wouldn't have used a sock on a running engine though, I understand what "vacuum" means.
I like the dumbasses that say he should've left the sock off and just drove home with an open hole. I've seen engines blow up due to that. And they call the thread starter a moron
Yeah, some motors will barely start/run with the cap off. Others appear not to care. I suppose it has to do with the design of the vacuum system more than anything.

·
Registered
940 Posts
We're assholes to each other but it's all in good fun and everybody gets their turn being busted on.
lol yah thats definately true with me too, must be an eastcoast/newenglander thing

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
that has got to be the most bipolar forum i have ever seen. half of them were acutally decent people trying to help, the other half were just "j00 st00poid fucking dickhead n00b"

if all you are going to do is flame me, just leave the thread and thats that
sounds like he knew what the forum was like though. he should have just taken the car to a garage, and skipped asking all the losers that flamed him on that forum.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
still i got a laugh out of this part

Loser no. 1 said:
Just pour some sulphuric acid into the oil fill cap and run it as is. It will dissolve the sock and condition your seals.
Loser no. 2 said:
I'd mix it 3 to 1 with bleach, and then about 2 cups of sand.
Loser no. 1 said:
Good call. The bleach will clean out any left over residue and silica sand will disolve with the acid to help replenish silicon into the seals.

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I can't imagine using a sock to plug the hole... but if I were in the situation with one of our cars (2g v6), I would know that the pump strainer down in the pan likely stopped most of the sock from going back into the engine so I'd just drop the pan and clean it out. Then of course just cross my fingers it all made it's way down to the pan originally.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
626mazdaracer said:
lol yah thats definately true with me too, must be an eastcoast/newenglander thing
It definitely is.

Out here in New Mexico no one gets it. I don't think "sarcasm" is something they understand and appreciate. I'm from the northeast, so I really have to watch my mouth to avoid inadvertently offending people.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I changed the oil in all 3 vehicles a few weeks ago, my brother was helping....he didn't replace the oil cap on the Jeep.

My wife drove it, I drove it, we probably put 50+ miles on it....and I forgot why, but I popped the hood to do something....and I saw the oil cap sitting somewhere....when I first saw it, I was like...what is this? Where did it come fro.....WHAT THE HELL??!!

I put it back on, no problems....not big oil mess....LOL.

I feel for that guy....BIG mistake (especially with Overhead cams).

·
Registered
685 Posts
depends on the car though... The mx-6 won't idle idle without the oil cap. I know because the idiot at the oil change place came to ask me what was wrong with my car, he said it kept stalling. I went out and the moron didn't have the oil cap on and there was oil sprayed on the inside of the hood, down the front of the car, and all over the shop floor.

Oil cap back on... car ran fine.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Im sorry, but I felt bad at first...and after reading everyones replies on that forum, it got me laughing :lol:

You gotta admit, its funny as hell. Hes obviously a spoiled little rich kid, who doesnt deserve that car, so it serves him right. He fucked up, now hes gotta learn the hard way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts