Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey question for everyone! I realize that Maaco certainly does not do a "professional" quality job, but how good or bad are they? My new MX6 was painted with primer (applied by brush) by a cranker so there is brush streaks and such. The original paint was stripped off, and then primer was brushed on so it looks like crap. The body is in PERFECT condition though. Any idea how much a paint job will cost? Does Maaco do custom jobs like fades?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
well macco is a franchise, so some of them do quality work, others, well..

a paint brush?! :rolleyes:

that might have done somthin to the surface i dunno LOL i'd get it atleast looked at by a high-price shop and see what they think.

T

·
Registered
23 Posts
yeah, your gonna need to do a lot of sanding

Maaco sux at body work but there paint is pretty good. You are definitly gonna want to prep the whole car and get it ready before you take it there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whoa!! Someone actually brushed primer on you car!?!?! Hahaha, omg!! That's crazy. I'd sand it off and start all over, but maybe that's just me. You won't necessarily have to sand it down to the metal or anything, just sand the surface off and respray it with primer. Maaco does horrible body work, and whats even funnier is that they show them doing things that are wrong in there advertisements on t.v., LOL. Treat your car right and do everything at one time, and do it right! Even if it means spending a little extra dough, its so totally worth it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Macco is a shop just like any place else. I actually went to macco to have my old car painted anf they did an excelent job considering i only paid about 700 bucks and needed some minor body work. Like the other guy said, its a franchise and you have to see who works at your local shop. I personally knew some of the guys that worked at the shop where i went and they do some great low end work. No custom colors and stuff but they primer and sand and reprimer and it came out looking great. Just do your homework just like you would for anything you do to your car.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I HOPE THEY DO A GOOD JOB

I REALLY FREAKING HOPE THEY DO A GOOD JOB...MY CARS THERE NOW GETTING PAINTED....THEY R DOING A THIN BASE COAT ,PAINT AND 2 COATS OF CLEAR COAT...FOR 550...I BEAT THEM DOWN FORM 820. SO ILL TELL YOU ALL HOW GOOD THEY DID..I GET IT BACK IN 12 HOURS...CROSSING FINGERS

·
Registered
60 Posts
sorry for caps guys....my key board sticks and is easier to just leave caps on...but i went out today and got a nice 19.99 one at office depot...lol
anyways, got my car back from maaco....im pretty impressed, it looks very sharp, 4 yr warranty, theres a few over sprays but i need to replace the moldings anyways...any one no where to get the moldens???????
nothing to worry about bro, maaco will have my bizzs again.

again sorry for the caps!!!!:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts