Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got SP Performance rotors two years ago, and now it is wrapped. i wonder whether i can machine the rotors as the regular rotors. my machanic said i cannot machine such rotors but did not offer specific reason why not.

if i should not machine these rotors for front axle, i plan to get Brembo rotors for OEM replacement. i have ordered Porterfield R4S pads.

just curious as well, anyone uses this rotor? my setup is SP Performance + Hawk HPS. however the fade is very apparent at high speed. i wonder it is the pad or rotor. the plus side is there is literally no dust at all!
http://www.sp-performance.com/SPHOME.HTM

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't get them machined.. but it would depend on how much they are warped I guess.

:tup: to Porterfiedl R4S pads.. I have those too in my 2g and plan to get them for my 1g. I have them mated with some RR cross drilled rotors but I'm not impressed at all. I would get slotted next time around, not sure what brand.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
?

money wise, machine two rotors is about $20, two new rotors though are about $200. so...

·
Registered
9,653 Posts
abe said:
money wise, machine two rotors is about $20, two new rotors though are about $200. so...
2 new brembo rotors that arent warped, cost me $80 new.

I guess i dont understand what your doing here? are you wanting to get existing rotors that are warped slotted and drilled? or considering buying new rotors to have them slotted or drilled?

OR are you wanting to have the warped rotors machined down... if this is the case.. i ment that the life span isnt usually worth it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see your point, King6. i guess the rotor i have right now can have another two years of service after i machine them...

i am trying to machine my current rotors which are wrapped. they are slotted and cross-drilled.

i am thinking of the Brembo indeed. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts