Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a magnaflo muffler and a cold air intake for my car and it's not verry loud i even had the resinator cut off and still quiet exhaust i like a loud exhaust but i don't want it to sound ricey i checked your fourm befour i bought it and it seemed as though most people with a 93 mazda mx6 v6 2.5L all had magna flo i even dL a mpeg of the sound yet mine isin't verry loud do i need to wait for it to break in or did i buy the wrong muffler ? and is it really better to go with bigger piping for the exhaust i got 2.25 in and the guy at the muffler shop said that was plenty big sorry i'm a newbie but i would appreciate any info anyone has

Thanx:rocket: :flamer:

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
First of all, punctuation is your friend. You might want to consider using it.

Second of all, the muffler may get louder as time goes on. The diameter of the piping will have little to do with the sound. Other than that, I don't know how you couldn't notice that much of a difference. If you actually have installed what you say you have, then it should be plenty noisy, especially with no resonator.

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1st of all who really cares about punctuation.secondly i think that you are calling me a liar, however i am not i assure you, i went from all stock with a hole in the muffler to madd hatters muffler in milford ct. i got the name directly from the magna flo web site, and the day before me and my buddy but in the cold air intake. it was a pain because we had to take that piece of the air box out and intergrate it into the cold air, so take it easy i'm just looking for some info and no its not plenty noisy its verry quiet hence my post you idiot

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
1st of all, along with punctuation comes capitalization. But I suppose since you don't use punctuation, you don't ever need to use capitalization.

2nd of all, I personally recommend drilling holes in the muffler to let more sound come out. If you drill them toward the front of the muffler (front of the car), it will give more of a "surround sound" as the sound will go both forward and backward from the car. :tup:

·
Registered
493 Posts
I blame U.S. public education.

Your stock muffler had a hole in it, so it was already louder than stock. Your new muffler will get louder over time. If you want to speed it up, go ahead and punch holes in it as Fastest said.

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
punching holes are you crazy won't i loose backpressure and essentialy ruin a brand new muffler :argue:

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Typically louder mufflers are louder because they offer less restriction as well. (as far as I know) Combined with the material / thickness they're made of.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
You have got to be kidding me. Maybe you should have posted this in the new members forum where they are easier on people like you. If you respond in that tone, expect the same back:shrug:

·
Registered
891 Posts
I will bet my life, this idiot is gonna get banned.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Go back to school you clown. Jesus christ.

·
Registered
274 Posts
you should change your name from "webone" to "webonemen". I figure that may be more appropriate. damn noob.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
First of all, punctuation is your friend. You might want to consider using it.
LOL!

I had to breath a couple of times just to finish his first sentence. I thought I was going to pass-out halfway to his paragraph. Oops,I mean sentence.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Incresed flow = more noise. Bigger piping, less restrictive components... ie cat/resonator/tailpipe, would all increase the flow/noise level. Throw some headers on there too, it would be even louder. But a high performance quiet exhaust is just as good.

:shrug:

Don't be discouraged by the flaming. It happens to most newbies. Some of that stuff was pretty funny though.

Reactions: webone

·
Registered
891 Posts
he's not being flamed for being a noob, he's being flamed for disrespecting. especially to the moderator

·
Registered
706 Posts
well...... punctuation or not.... i was gonna help this guy, just like all of you were, considering that i have a magnaflow race series on and it was confusingly quiet too when i first got it...... but, now when i see what an addition he makes to the rest of the idiots on this earth.... tsk tsk tsk. :sigh:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Ok I have two things

1: Stop being a retard. Yelling at a moderator is a stupid thing to do. People are giving you their idieas on how to solve your noise problem. If you dont like it say "thank you but i dont want to ruin a brand new muffler" not "are you crazy?"

"thank you but i dont want to ruin a brand new muffler" = good

"are you crazy?" = bad

talking back to a moderator = very dumb

punctuation = good

2: In the pipe that goes through the muffler there are many holes that go into the muffler. In the muffler is a sort of stuffing that muffles the noise. Get your hands on a mig welder and stick it in the muffler and just tack weld up some of those holes. Now you will have less holes that go into the muffler and reduce the noise. Thus resulting in a louder exhaust.

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
vrouv06 - when you report a post, you are sumitting it for review to the moderation team.. you are alerting us to a bad psot.. you ARENT sending a personal message to the poster.. keep that in mind, because if i thought what you wrote were directed at me or a fellow mod, you might be in some trouble ;)

webone - When you fail to type clearly, it makes it harder for people to read. If you want good advice, you want the people reading it to understand it. Grow a thicker skin, because frankly.. your writing is pretty terrible..

Thus, your only options are to either improve it/ be more attentive to it, or grow a thicker skin regarding the criticisms you receive when people cannot read what you wrote.

This doesn't only apply to online forums, but also as you get out into the world... You'll find that poor writing, in whatever profession you wind up in, sticks you with a stigma of being stupid...

lastly.. the guys with blue titles are moderators. If you feel you have been treated poorly by one, feel free to PM/email the administration or the moderator him/herself.. but being disrespectful to one will do nothing but get you banned. You are new here.. you have hardly been around long enough or contributed long enough to warrant the attitude and ego you are presenting yourself with.

Now, regarding your problem... which muffler do you have? no resonator, 2.25" piping, and a decent straight through muffler should be plenty loud...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.