Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if some of you aussies can help me out. I'm looking for a set of aus-spec 1stgen headlamps and would like to know of some web-sites for salvage yards that will ship to the US. Maybe one of you guys have an extra set? I need the bulb sockets as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
sorry dude

I haven't seen any salvage yards that do mail order from here :(
I was thinking about going and having a look for some engine, ABS and wheels from a 1st gen. MX-6, 626 or TX-5 for myself at some point, but not anytime soon.
I'll let you know when I get around to it, if you're still interested.

Btw, what's the difference between the Aussie/Jap and US lights?

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The headlights in the US suck ass due to the our antiquated DOT (department of transportation) laws. On the 6, the high beams and low beams are integrated into a single dual-filament bulb. The low-beam pattern throws all the light on the ground direcly in front of the car, causing road glare and not allowing you to see very far. The high beams arent very focused either.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yep, On my 626 there are three lights, side lights, headlight and high beam light, my car was built in Japan though, earlier ones were built here by ford.

Ford also built Telstar TX-5s here (same as 626s) and they have just the side lights and headlight, so I assume they are dual filaments for high beams.

The lights look like they are the same length, and the indicator and rear lights look exactly the same.

Anyway, I'll be trawling through scrap yards looking for parts for my car, so if you're still interested I can find out a price if there are any available, and send them to you. I think they will be around AU$40 each, which is approx US$20. plus postage.

I've found one mx-6 which I got the alloys off today, but there were no lights or turbo, it was totally burnt out :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.