Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok sorry guys I know this isn't the maintenance group but I do live right outside of Philly. I recently purchased my 94 LS 5psd and almost immediately dropped $1000 on simple repairs, as well as getting it registered and inspected in PA (I bought it in NJ). Already I'm having a few problems...(AFTER i dropped a grand)..
The passenger side power window refuses to work...with either the drivers switch or the passenger switch. I washed and waxed it on Saturday, and immediately afterwards it just stopped working. I don't see how it could've gotten wet, which is the only thing i could think of. How can i check the motor? or the wiring? What would you recommend to troubleshoot this? i DONT want to have to go to a garage and spend more $$$$!! Also, the A/C isn't cold at all, in fact its merely blowing in outside air. Does it just need recharged?
Also, I recently purchased the weapon r dragon intake. I was somewhat dissapointed upon receiving and installing it, that is until I discovered their ram air kit (stage 1 and 2). Stage 1 includes a ram air adapter that attaches to the front of the filter and (what looks like) dryer hose as well as brackets and adapters and an air scoop with storm shield to mount down under the bumper or a similar location to suck in cold aid. Stage 2 includes a ram air shield which completely covers the filter and shields it from hot air, drawing in (weapon r claims) all of the air through the cold ram air kit. Anyone know anything about this or have any opinions? Im wondering if this would "choke" the engine and hurt performance since the intake is then only sucking air in through the ram air kit? Let me know what you guys think.
Also, instead of dropping 60 on this kit, any ideas as to what i could use for an air scoop so i could make my own home depot version of this kit??

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also...

Also, the drivers side lock will NOT unlock once it is locked from the inside. AKA, if i'm in the car, and i lock the door, both the passenger and drivers side lock, but only the passenger side will unlock from the inside. To unlock the drivers side I have to open the window and use my key in the lock on the outside.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
As far as the lock problem. When you are inside the car and tru to lock/unlock the pass door with the switch by th ehandle, do you feel that the switch actually flips and sits on the lock/unlock position? Or if you try to unlock it the switch just wobbles back and forth not really sitting on either position?

In any case what you should do is remove the door panel and inspect the locking mechanism. There is going to be a metal arm that moves then you try to lock/unlock the door from the inside switch. follow this arm and it will come to a white plastic piece that is holting the metal bar on it's threaded end. See if it makes any difference if you open up that little whte plastic thing and slide the arm forward a little or backwards a little and then close the plastic clip. I had problems like this when I installed a slenoid for the true "power doors" mod with the alarm and what not. All I did was slide the bar up a little and that made the switch work just right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts