Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok 9i think i may have f*ed up here... theres a broken hose in my engine compartment.

I dont wanna put things back together because i just noticed something...

the hose leads from the top of the tranny fluid level check, and runs under the fuel filter and disappears into the depths... im not sure what it connects to and getting under there to look seems like it requires some major surgery :(

im assuming this is important - first off what is it? secondly, where does it connect to, and thirdly, how do i repair a hose? or do i jut s have to get a new one? its ripped in a very difficult spot to get to... i dont know whether i broke it off while changing my fuel filter (PITA by the way) or if it has been broken for a while... (i am getting the hold light flashing and a clunk into 2nd gear...)

ok PLEASE HELP on this one - i checked my chiltons manual it doesnt really say where that hose leads.. maybe if i knew specifically what it was i could look it up in the index.

**update ok i found where it leads... it connects to an inlet right at the front of the engine - well maybe the tranny? is it just an overflow hose? or is it important? should i just replace the entire hose, run in on top instead of underneath everything...

thanks! please help i need to drive my car and im scared to!

·
Registered
20 Posts
if that hole is effecting your shifting, then don't let it ufck up your tranny... change the whole hose. i'm assuming it's a rubber hose. if it's a metal pipe, then get a rubber one, place it over the hole and secure it w/ hose clamps or tie raps.

cheers!

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i grabbed a hose out of my lawnmower- its not as thick as the one that was there so i'll be replacing it...

it semms to be just a flowback hose so its reconnected for now - i put it all back together and it runs fine..

in fact thanks to my changed fuel filter it idles SO much smoother.. in fact i started it, closed the hood - put my tools inside and it was so quiet/smooth that i turned the key again thinking it had died. heh :)

crisis averted! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts