Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I've posted on here, figured I'd give everyone still here an update.

Well to start off I completely lost motivation working on the Pumpkin after HiPrsur ripped me off for $12,000... Anyways, after the car sat for more then a year in a half, couple weeks ago I realised how much I've missed it and I wanted to get it up and running again.

Due to work I've only had time to work on it every Thursday, so within the last month or so I installed "new" IC piping. If anyone remembers the last setup was crap and I could only drive with 1 headlight due to the piping... With my new setup the only downside was I had to relocate my battery to the trunk and the IC sits a bit low for my taste, but hopefully my lip can cover most of it. I've also finally installed my JDM foglights, JDM fenders, JDM bumper, and my MS lip is getting fixed. All I have left is I need a battery as my Optima is completely shot. I still have to finish the interior and swap wheels, and a couple other very minor things to finish it off such as the bumper is missing 2 bolts that I've lost.

Anyway on to the pics:

You can see here how the paint got ruined:

New IC Setup:

JDM Fogs!!:

I still have to put back in my JDM headlights of course. Give her a nice washing, and hopefully the paint can still look decent. I will be getting repainted regardless but that won't be for a while I don't think.

Oh yeah, and my new daily while the Pumpkin has been waiting... :D

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
wow.. Like it's been said before... been awhile since i've seen the caR!!!

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
I gotta agree bagel, that IC setup doesn't work. But i'm glad to see you working on the 6 again.

·
Premium Member
5,011 Posts
ya def fix that intercooler you jolly jew.

and how'd you get ripped 12K?

·
The Full Dong
2,595 Posts
BAGEL!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see you still have the car. Give me a call when your ready to make it fast :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To be honest with you guys I really don't think the IC is that low, it looks really low in the pics believe me, but I think it might be the angle of the pictures/hardcore angle my driveway is on. I just measured it and its got 5 inches of clearance, so hopefully that is enough. If not I'm pretty much screwed because the top pipe is already practically laying on the curve of the hood latch otherwise I would've had it higher regardless. I guess I can always get the top pipe cut and rewelded on an angle so it can be raised though.

Z, I got ripped off 12K because I bought:

Motor (Forged, P&P, Cams, ETC) - $2785
Break in the motor and extend the "warranty" - $300
Tranny (LSD, custom 3rd & 5th Gear, Cloned Synchros) - $1600
Turbo - $1070
Manifold - $600
IC Piping - $185
Powdercoating - $75
Hypercoating - $500
Clutch - $345
Clutch Lines - $35
Flywheel - $300
BOV - $175?
WG - $225
FMIC - $115

Then I bought some other random [shizzle] from him, spark plug wires, gauges, EBC, he then stole my laptop, and sold 3,000 dollars worth of laptops to people in india, used my paypal, took the money, never sent the laptops and of course the transactions were reversed. Me = -$3,000 from that transaction alone... In total he ran away with over $12,000 of my money. You can bet I lost all motivation to ever spend on another dollar on my car. Funny thing was shortly after he has a MS Protege with a built motor and custom turbo set-up making over 400WHP. :rolleyes:

Bought the fenders from J-Hot Imports about a year ago.

Jordan, I'm glad I still have it also, lol... Send me your number again I lost my phone on Halloween. No clue when I'll be ready though thanks to Matt but hopefully soon.

Thanks for the comments though everyone.

·
No one told me about this
1,426 Posts
SMH that sucks i would of thought as many FL members there are on this site you guys would of kicked his ass already. Did u get the bumper from jhot aswell?

·
Josh Bannings = 1
3,178 Posts
SMH that sucks i would of thought as many FL members there are on this site you guys would of kicked his ass already. Did u get the bumper from jhot aswell?
We would've gladly, but by the time the rest of us found out what had happened, he had fled to New York, and then he even disappeared from there.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey Bagel. Me and you are in the same boat. Remember me? I also got ripped off by HiPrsur the same time you did. We talked a few times on myspace. I also stopped messing with my car when he stole my damn near 4,000 dollars. I just recently started driving my mx6 again. It's hard starting all over and we can both agree on that but hey lets show him he can't keep us down. Im gonna start my turbo setup hopefully this winter sometime. Let me know if I can help you in any way. Heres a pic of my car if you don't remember.

·
Registered
249 Posts
thats a really nice six . love the two tone . i think if you put some of that mesh in ,an painted the mesh black. it would look good with the color scheme you have on it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts