Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of questions- i just changed my 94 Mx6 engine with a JDM motor swap. Now i wanna know what should i do for my exhaust and intake system.

1) What is a suitable exhaust system cheap and good for HP
2) What intake is better COLD AIR or SHORT RAM?
3) Should i change the pulleys?
4) What else can i do to get the most out of my engine without having to turbo?

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Firstly Kisumaniac, best you go and populate your profile so people can see what car you have, if its Atx or Mtx, where in the world you are etc.. its going to help people answer questions you ask, especially when you dont specify those details in your question... :tup: .. kool..

First, lets get the JDM swap cleaned up.. we are assuming you ran a DE 2.5 originally and swapped it out.. so when you dropped the ZE in, what else did you change ? do you have a ZE ECU for fuel and timing optimisation plus correct vris points ? or are you using megasquirt or MSD window switches for the vris points ... think we need to put the ZE swap to bed first before we start looking elsewhere for gains.

As much info as you can ...

Oddy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, i most likely cant afford the whole megasuirt software to tune my ECM. I finished the swap, but i feel no change in power. Isnt the KLZE suppose to have about 200hp. What else am i missing. I guessing that i have to change the ECM the i already have... I have seen some chips on ebay, KL31, KL36, KL80 etc. I dont know what each one does or which would be the best for my engine performance. Im not really trying to go all out on my car, just a simple upgrade. Some help please!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts