Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has a Bosal Brospeed all stainless exhaust with two 3" tips, Pacesetter headers, stock cat, and stock air filter. It is not nearly loud enough and i was wondering what I could get or do to it to get it louder and lower sounding. Peace Glynis27

·
Registered
446 Posts
Couple of 18"s in the trunk should do it.

If you want to stick with exhaust mods and you're mainly out for noise, throw a glass-pack on there.

G

·
0 Posts
This will sound weird but unplugged the exhaust, mine as this problem right now and the sound is very loud. I have at less a person per day asking own I get my car to sound like this... You can try it and if you found this not to be what you're looking for, just plug it again.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i got an idea, just run a straight pipe from the header back (no muffler no resonator no cat.) 2.5in pipe

V

·
0 Posts
turn downs

about a 2.5" long pipe running straight from the headers and then turning down (not a 90 degree turn, but a bradual turn) towards the ground

they sound real nice on trans ams i know and dakota 5.9's

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Iknow about loud.

ok i had a straight through muffler with stock pipe and gutted cat. and no resonator. very loud, sounded like an airplane.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Iknow about loud.

ok i had a straight through muffler with stock pipe and gutted cat. and no resonator. very loud, sounded like an airplane. the muffler was HKS Dragger style so it was short and no wide at all.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Muffler

I love my muffler now and i don't want it to be as loud as an airplane. I just want it to sound lower and like its got some balls behind it. Just a little bit louder than it is now and a bit lower.

·
Registered
148 Posts
3" exhaust system... my setup!

Dude, my car is LLOOUUDD! And I haven't even put on headers yet... everything from the flexpipe back (including cat) is 3" mandrel and 3" apexi n-1... It's freakin unbeleivable and has a meanness to it... everytime I go under a bridge I rev just to hear it roar and echo back to you! I haven't been pulled over yet but it'll happen sometime... 3"... over kill for N/A but essential when i get the FI put in..

Then again you can hack away a big hole out of the pipe after the cat... it'll resonate like hell... trust me... I blew off the cat-back piping and basically my exhaust ended right after the cat... that was defening because it was right under the cab instead of the rear...

[Edited by Gene/=/Splicer on 05-07-2001 at 03:32 PM]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts