Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
yea, its called EBay for 15$ or cheaper. thats where i got mine, and it works wonders. no spikes or anything...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42604&item=2439411211

there you go... thats the one i have.. he sells them all the time.. and hes a very good seller.. prompt, and you get everything within days. If that one is gone by the time you see this... just search for "Manual Boost Controller" and you will see about 30 more. =)

·
Registered
737 Posts
I can't answer the question of building your own boost controller. However, I re-routed by boost controller into my cabin and mounted it inside so I can adjust it at hand.

·
Registered
53 Posts
three-way female "T" fitting, 2 male ends(one for top of tee and one for either left or right side of tee), 1 female end to thread into other side of tee(opposite male end, be sure your female has threads inside so you can thread a bolt into it), 3 feet of 3/8" fuel line, a bolt, a ball bearing, a spring, and 4 fuel inj. hose clamps. connect hose coming off of your wastegate to the side male end of your assembled controller. Connect second hose to where the wastegate hose would have gone (on bottom off inlet hole on turbo) and connect it to the top male fitting. drop in your ball and spring and thread in your bolt. start with bolt JUST touching the spring and slowly adjust from there (meaning, drive it, adjust it a little, drive it, adjust it, etc.) be sure to get it up around the top of third gear to get an accurate reading.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the info but i just bought on on ebay. also no that i have one what lines do i tie into and also can someone help me with rerouting it into my cabin so i can adjust it from inside?

thanks

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
i cant believe people pay 15 bux for that!!! go to lowes, spend 3 bux on a needle valve, and get sum hose from auto zone, it costs like 5 bux, so its not worth paying sum dood on ebay 15, plus shipping when uts so easy to do it yourself.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i tryed asking how to make one but all i got was ebay and dodge garage, no one explaned how or what i needed. o well to late now.

But where do i put it? where dose it tie in? Please explain and pics would be great heh

·
Registered
53 Posts
perhaps you didn't see the fifth post in this thread.

three-way female "T" fitting, 2 male ends(one for top of tee and one for either left or right side of tee), 1 female end to thread into other side of tee(opposite male end, be sure your female has threads inside so you can thread a bolt into it), 3 feet of 3/8" fuel line, a bolt, a ball bearing, a spring, and 4 fuel inj. hose clamps. connect hose coming off of your wastegate to the side male end of your assembled controller. Connect second hose to where the wastegate hose would have gone (on bottom off inlet hole on turbo) and connect it to the top male fitting. drop in your ball and spring and thread in your bolt. start with bolt JUST touching the spring and slowly adjust from there (meaning, drive it, adjust it a little, drive it, adjust it, etc.) be sure to get it up around the top of third gear to get an accurate reading.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Manual Boost Controllers are incredibily easy to make. Why pay someone else $ when you can make yourself one for $15 and in less than an hour? The guy that's selling it on eBay made it from this website: http://www.geocities.com/chmwatson/FAQs/mbc.html
(the parts from Home Depot are visually more appealing to the eye opposed to the one from ebay)

Note:

The Home Depot in Green Bay, WI doesn't carry the Ball Bearings and Spring (I don't know why) but you can pick them up at a hardware shop (Ace Hardware)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts