Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting all summer to gather money for mods, but to no avail, school is coming close and tution is high. I have been reading through things and the Home Depot CAI looks like a cheap mode but, I ain't a mechanic and would have no clue on how to do it (even with the endless amount of posts already up). After all this I noticed many of you saying 'make the car lighter and it will go faster.' ???????? So what can I do without noticeing any appearence changes or any interior changes?? Is it possible??

·
Registered
511 Posts
go on a diet:D

ditch the spare tire and jack - thats a good 40 lbs i think. then carry a can of fix-a-flat with you instead.

seats are real heavy but you said you wanted your interior.

if you don't listen to your stereo you can ditch it and all your speakers - that should be a good 10 lbs. if you have an amp or subs get rid of 'em.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey come on be nice, I know I am not skinny, but come on already!!

Well tire sounds good, I have the stock speakers and that but no way those are goimg.

Is the tire make that much of a difference - 40 lbs?????

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Remove spare tyre
Don't fill your fuel tank right up
Loose the back seats. (since you can't use them anyway)
Get lighter wheels

·
Registered
352 Posts
surfstar said:
ditch the spare tire and jack - thats a good 40 lbs i think. then carry a can of fix-a-flat with you instead.
The fix-a-flat says not to use on "high performance or 'z'-rated tires." What is that all about?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts