Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I read how to install the manual boost controller. However, I still need help. So the boost Solenoid comes off and the the manual boost controller takes it's place? Next do I simply just attach the two hoses that were previously attached to the boost solenoid to my manual boost controller(in the correct places of course)? Then I just cap of the third hose? Does anyone have any real life pictures they could put on the site?

·
Registered
45 Posts
ok, i just did this so i know what you mean when you need help. some people helped me out so here is my turn to help. ok the line that comes off the turbo itself (front line) goes the the side that compreses the ball and spring. the wastegate (back line) is hidden but is close to the block goes to the line that is on the bottome of the controller so that the ball moves back and lets air go to the wastegate. and the little hose on teh bottom of the intake tube you have to plug.
good luck, hope that helps

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
KraZe151 said:
leave the solenoid there, just disconnect the vacuum from it. But leave it plugged in or it will give you a check engine light
I removed mine and have not recieved a CEL. I know that I am not the only one. It just seems to go on a car by car basis.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
KraZe151 said:
leave the solenoid there, just disconnect the vacuum from it. But leave it plugged in or it will give you a check engine light

ken
what is the vacuum solenoid has to do with emision(cel).disconnecting the solenoid will not,i say again will not make any different on the car.it solenoid just help the turbo to ho;d boost better

1 - 7 of 7 Posts