Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather permitting this week I will be replacing my bushings. I got the Kia brand bright green bushings. I will update this thread with the results.
One question. I got this energy suspension bushing grease. Will it help the bushings last a little longer if I use it.

I have done this in the past with the regular mazda bushings on my 626, but not with grease.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The bushings just below the transmission were still ok, but replaced them anyway. At the transmission end the bushings were not even there ( completely disintegrated ) . So that was the only problem and now the shifter is pretty tight. Thought I would be drilling out the bushings at the transmission that are not really replaceable. But those two were very tight, so left it alone. I also noticed that they are in place a little different than my 90 626. On that car it was very easy to figure out which end to drill to convert it to a bolt, so the bushings are easy to replace. You could easily see the welded end and drill out the welds so it came apart, ( if you want to do this, You would just be using one more of the bushing bolts and nuts, and possibly a washer, the one at the transmission is a different length than the one at the shifter. Its the longer of the two that needs to be used ). On my 89, it is more of a welded on cap, so will take a bit more care and work to drill them out. But then maybe the way they are capped, makes it harder for dirt and oil to get in them to destroy them.
The only problem I had with using the Kia brand bushings was trying to get the shifter over the bushings, It seems it makes it a little wider, but took about 5 min to finally get it on there.

Kia part number KKY01-46062.
I cant really say if the bushings are better than using genuine mazda bushings. Its hard to make that determination when you go from worn out Mazda bushing to bran new kia bushings

1 - 2 of 2 Posts