Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone played arround with the screw on the throttle body which seems to limit the throttle? Its on the part that the cable connects to and when you press the gas pedel down far enough, the screw is pushed.

Ive adjusted it and havent noticed much of a difference, so reajusted it back. Anyone know what this does or if i should be touching it? Is it to get better gas milege?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
It changes the point at which the secondary throttle valve opens. I've messed around with it, and noticed differences, but I don't know that they were good.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What does the secondary throttle valve do? Cause if you press it while idleing, the engine almost dies. Does it just let in more air? Would it be better to have this happen earlier or later, or is it set optimaly as is?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Press what while idling?

The secondary just lets in more air...like a 2 barrel carburetor.

Basically you at least want to set it so the secondary is open all the way at full throttle. Beyond that I can't say anything.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yah, if you adjust it in too far, than the throttle is too sensitive because the second plate opens early. If you adjust it out too far, than the plate wont fully open. I get it. I adusted mine to make the throttle as linear as possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts