Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
before anyone says it, YES i have used the search, quite extensively infact and it hasnt found me what i needed to know. now anyway, im up for some new tyres soon so i decided to save that little bit more and get new rims too... i am getting 17" speedy rims 7" wide fit up to 255/45 tyres now i was wondering what the maximum size tyres would be that i could fit on my '6... i have tries the 235/45's on the car with it lowered lock 2 lock it doesn't seem to rub but i cant take it for a drive with these new tyres on cos once i wear them there mine... is the handling difference between 235/45 and 225/45 tyres worth the extra trouble of having to roll the guards when i lower it? i know the 235's will put the speedo out a bit but for the price, thats the least of my worries i just dont want my tyres tearing my wheel arch apart on my first hard corner

Any help appreciated

Ben

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
according to the math someone gave me once.. you would want 205 max for it to read to proper speed..

the max i ever went was 215/45/17 and that only affected my speedo by a couple kms.. no a big deal.. any bigger then that and it will affect your speed. i would think...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts