Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle recently purchased a Nissan Maxima GXE, v6, 222 hp. Now I was telling my buddy about it, he owns a mx6, four banger. He claims that he could probably beat my unc's Maxima. Yeah, he's a total dumbass. Now I admit he'd probably beat the Maxima off the line, he's got a manual. But what the hell does that mean, so he starts faster. Two seconds later, I'll smoke the geek. Just curious as to your guys thoughts. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
236 Posts
What year GXE?? The 94 GXE 0-60 is 9.4 seconds..

·
Registered
379 Posts
If it's 222hp, then it can only be the new 2000 Maxima. I'll have to check on the acceleration times, but there's no way in hell a four-cylinder MX-6 will win against such a car... unless it's a frist-gen turbo four with a Grainger valve. And since the vast majority of the discussion here centeras around the second-gen 6, i'll have to assume that's what we're talking about. Just be careful, mxsucks, 'cause Anarchyx's ride will definitely give you a shock. :)

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
mxsucks

This is to inform you that the demeanor and attitude of your replies are not appreciated in this forum. We try to be lenient when it comes to reviewing posts but we have found that your posts have either put someone down or made a smart remark against the poerson or people that have already replied to the thread. For example:

In Kill Stories > race approaching

mxsucks said:
yeah, i don't think that the hole will be a problem with the race. Actually the problem is the car itself. It sucks. Either way, about fuel additives, I don't think anything is gonna save your sorry ass. Sorry dude.
We ask you to to moderate yourself in your future replies or further diciplinary actions will be taken and your access to this forum will be terminated.

·
Registered
135 Posts
hey rugwed

you gave yourself away with that one, rug... by the way i was KIDDING with you when i said i could meat your parents maxima. that thing would rip me to shreds.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yikes

well you did catch on to the fact that I was referring to Rug's parents' maxima. But you've still got the wrong guy buddy. Oh and not so bright using full names and stuff bud, but that's okay. I mean, I didn't tell anyone who you were, or how many times you've gotten smoked. Should we tell? No no, it's okay, these things aren't important. By the way, yeah, can't be filer, he doesn't know jack about cars, oddo would have been much more of an ass, and rug clearly drives a station wagon and has admitted to you many times that you'd beat him in a race because your car is lighter. I think you need a bit more detective work bud, oh and i'm just messing with you, so don't get your panties in a bunch.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Id have to say that youd get raped on the top end. If its a first gen, those cars tend to have a good top end, even if it does take a minute to get going. My friend has a 99 dakota R/T, they are those stupid trucks that are lowered and have a 360 crammed in em. He'l take me from the begining, but when my 89 4 banger p.o.s. dx gets going, his truck is beyond ****ed. I know of fisrt gens that have gone 156 with a stock motor. If you dont belive me i will post the pics of the speedo, and i dont know about you but i cant picture a 4 door pile of family car, grocery gettin, old lady drivin crap going down the road at 150. It doesnt work that way. ESPECIALLY with a nissan. Im sorry but nissan is crap. And dont get me started on the 240sx, my stocker dx has walked too many of those, altimas? phffffff. Nissan sucks, right down to their 210 horses WITH a supercharger, im sorry but that is absolutely pathetic. I havent seen nissan build a good car as long as i have been alive. Daewoo looks damn nice parked next to a nissan.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i know what you mean... im pretty surprised with the top end in my car even... when i hit the governor at 123 mph, its still pulling pretty hard.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hey, take a deep breath. Nissian may be on the ropes but you cant dis the 3liter V6. Its one of the finest in the buisness. A new Maxima could walk away from any stock Mx6, automatic or manual. The Maxima can manage a 6.7 sec sprint to 60 with the manual(Mx-6 2.5= 7.3sec with a manual). The styling may not be great but I wouldnt mind having that engine in my Mx6. As for the 4.5 Infinity motor. I mean the original one for the Q45, before they pussyfied it for better fuel economy or something. My dad has one and is always amazed at the power, he had his share of American muscle in his youth and nothing compares to the Q in his eyes. But dont worry, Nissian should die pretty soon, HELL the FRENCH (Renault) bought them. That cant be a good thing!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A new auto Maxima will lose to a stock MX6 V6 manual. The last gen will also lose both auto an manual. Nissan makes good engines, too bad they can build the rest of the car worth shit. And why are Maxima owners such incredible assholes? That must be Nissan's demographic or something.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i think u guys should really start listening to silntfury a little more.. did he not just say that a Max can pull a 6.7 with the 222 engine...i hate to say it.. i love my stock 2.0 6.. but u talk about weak Nissan engines yet our V6's stock only have 164hp??? yet the 3.0 in there's pulls 222.. thats pretty lame to talk shit on Nissan i think...I know the Maxima will take a stock V6 mx b/c i've seen it with my own eyes... the max will beat u pretty good to about 80-90 at least and then the 6 will start gaining ground but thats about it unless u have some mod's in.. sorry guys

·
Registered
156 Posts
WELL, MAZDA4PREZ, horsepower isn't an issue... WHY?? An example:

My 93 LS stick with intake and exhaust only versus my buddie's 95 GSX stick also only with intake and exhaust go at it in the 1/4 mile at the track. His GSX has got almost 50 more hp than me. I took off first with a .2 second faster reaction, but he obviously pulls on me in 1st (damn all wheel drive!), but I pass him in the beginning of 3rd gear. He finishes with a 14.8, while i passed the finish line first at 15.1 (bracket racing)...That was both of our fastest times ever. This goes to show that HORSEPOWER isn't everything. It's HOW the motor puts that power to work.

Anyways, I wouldn't screw with the new maximas unless it is an automatic. All the earlier generations, not much of a threat at all...

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think that MAXIMAS do suck in style I hate those cars
and If u got no STYLE dont bother even DRIVING Unless its a MX6

·
Registered
24 Posts
Maxima's kick ass

The Nissan Maxima is one of the best cars made. It was rated "car of the year" by motor trend in 1995 and has recieved many awards as one of the best V6 ever made. The 95' model year maxima is actually the fastest so far. It was the lightest weight maxima and with this combination had the quickest proformence. 0-60 in 6.6 and 1/4 in 15.1 at 95.5 from Motor Trend, not to mention a top speed of 142mph stock. Again from Motor Trend. The new maxima is more refined but a little slower (it weighs more and auto gearing is more lux then speed). With mods however don't expect to win over it, N/A versions with intake, exhast, and yipipe can hit 0-60 in 6.2 and high 14's. The supercharged Maxima is even faster with 0-60in low 5's to high 4's and 13.5 1/4 miles. And to make this car even more impressive....Your P.O.S Ford Probe still wll get WORKED by a 4-door family sedan. Stick to Nissan.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm just wondering, if the Maxima's are so great, do they have their own bulletin board like the 6 and PGT? Also remind me how much a 97 MX6ls costs and how much the new Maxima's cost. If people are going to be like that then hell, MX6 is a piece of SH!T because it can't take out the McLaren!!! I can take a damn Maxima, I've done it already. It was close but I wasn't impressed because the thing was new and my car is about 5 years old! (Not to mention the Maxima has more HP...) GOD BLESS TORQUE!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
maxima

Yes there are plenty of maxima bulletin boards and web sites. maximadriver.com,maxima.org are just a few. A Maxima starts at 21K and goes up to no more then 29K. Thats hardly compairable to a million dollar supercar.And to say Maxima's have no torque, let I remind you they do have more then an MX6. A 626 is Mazda's competition to a Maxima, not an MX6 two door. Not every soccer mom and her four kids wants to race a 5 year old MX6,Close huh...not bad for a 4door family sedan.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Re: maxima

bLodi said:
Yes there are plenty of maxima bulletin boards and web sites. maximadriver.com,maxima.org are just a few. A Maxima starts at 21K and goes up to no more then 29K. Thats hardly compairable to a million dollar supercar.And to say Maxima's have no torque, let I remind you they do have more then an MX6. A 626 is Mazda's competition to a Maxima, not an MX6 two door. Not every soccer mom and her four kids wants to race a 5 year old MX6,Close huh...not bad for a 4door family sedan.
For reference to you, the original email was about the 222Hp 2000 Maxima, not the 95 you mere nutting all over. Also, I do believe that the Nissan Altima (the 2000 has 155HP)is the equivalent to the 626. I would hope that a new Nissan's 3.0L 222HP engine has more torque than the MX6's 164Hp engine(remember the older engine design.)
IT ONLY HAS ~215FTLB of torque. You have you rev it high to get it to move. I'd rather have my 205HP 280FTLB of torque co I can drive at about 1250rpm and accelerate uphill!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Re: Maxima's kick ass

bLodi said:
The Nissan Maxima is one of the best cars made. It was rated "car of the year" by motor trend in 1995 and has recieved many awards as one of the best V6 ever made. The 95' model year maxima is actually the fastest so far. It was the lightest weight maxima and with this combination had the quickest proformence. 0-60 in 6.6 and 1/4 in 15.1 at 95.5 from Motor Trend, not to mention a top speed of 142mph stock. Again from Motor Trend. The new maxima is more refined but a little slower (it weighs more and auto gearing is more lux then speed). With mods however don't expect to win over it, N/A versions with intake, exhast, and yipipe can hit 0-60 in 6.2 and high 14's. The supercharged Maxima is even faster with 0-60in low 5's to high 4's and 13.5 1/4 miles. And to make this car even more impressive....Your P.O.S Ford Probe still wll get WORKED by a 4-door family sedan. Stick to Nissan.
hey what is this? everytime i visit this bb it never fails, so tell me this, if the maximas are so great then why do i smoke 'em everytime? i've never lost to one all the way to the 2000 model and i'm only at 12psi. and where do you get off calling the probe a p.o.s. ? that means your car is a p.o.s. too since we have the exact same engine/tranny. you mx6 newbies have to learn the facts someone has to tell you what's up. fyi, we have nothing but respect for you mx6ers at probetalk. so do us a favor and learn the facts and give us the equal respect we deserve... thank you

·
Registered
24 Posts
Okay, just to set the record straight , all of the past posts in this forum by "me" were actually posted by my friend that has a Maxima SE. It was just easier for him at the time to post under my name since it was already setup on the computer.
In regards to this whole post. I am pretty neutral. The Maxima is a car that I would have never thought to be a quick car at all. But after driving my friends 1995 5 speed, I have to say that the car has a lot of balls. For a mid size sedan, it is damn quick. His maxima stock would easily work my 88 mx6 gt stock, however niether of our cars are stock. Comparing the mx6/probe and the Maxima is like comparing apples and oranges, they are not the same class of cars, each have their strengths. It is like when I used to have a Prelude and everyone would try to compare them to a Camaro or Mustang, it just can't be compared, they are too different.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts