Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The one I'm looking at is a Black '94 auto, 115K miles. It looks clean, drives nice. The engine is smooth and quiet, the shifting is smooth as well. Seems peppy enough. I don't care for autos (my other car is a 5-speed Del Sol), but it's for my fiancé. If the car turns out to be in as good a shape as it looks and the deal goes through, I'll probably be an active member here. Are there any common problems to look out for on a car with this mileage? I'm decent with cars and engines in general, I'm asking for things specific to this Mazda V6. BTW... his asking price is $5900... not too bad? Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
try to get the pirce just a little lower, i have seen cars like that go for about 5000 to 5500, just a thought man, but one more thing, just depends on how much u cara bout looks, black is a very very hard color to keep clean, u have to want to wash it at least 2 times a week and polish it at least oncea month, if i had black it would get polished once a week, but i am clean freakm good luck man, if u get it welcome to the club

·
Registered
193 Posts
check for oil in the spark plug wells (means, valve cover gaskets need changing, not terrible but will bring price down).
check E-brake, original rear calipers had a bad design and tend to stick when disc brakes were near end.
ask if the distributor was changed. some have had problems with another weak design that got damaged when heat soaked.
ask if they know when timing belt was changed. supposed to be changed every 60K.
oh yeah, occasionally the oil sending switch (or something), gets a heavy oil leak going. if you can get under the car or see anything behind the splash shield look for that.
ATX is okay. 5-spd is better, but you're fiance is driving it, it's up to her!

lastly, what's up with signature? explain?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I can check that out easy enough.

riceeater: My Sol is black, so I know all about. Don't really mind washing it, I love that color.

Dedline: the sig.. well, it's just one I've used for a long time on many boards. I'm known in many other places as "Segregated Santa Claws" on the net, so I include that just in case someone might recognize me. The diaper thing is just funny..don't take it offensively! :)
I know, I'm wack.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
cool man just my thoughts about black, i love them and they look great, good luck, i have the problem with the e brake on my 93 i hae to get a new caliper for mine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts