Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
If I have a first gen mx6, this brake upgrade would work as long as I have 16's ..... Right? I didn't see anyone who has done it but I think it would work

·
Registered
469 Posts
As long as you stick to the non-mazdaspeed6 (ie regular mazda6) brakes they should fit 16s (on a 2nd gen, doubt it will be much different on a 1st)... Once you go MSP6 though you'll probably want a minimum of 17".

·
Registered
297 Posts
06-07 MazdaSpeed 6 should be fine. I saw in the YouTube video that it was pretty snug. Oh man though if I could find drilled and slotted, and put them behind my rsx wheels. I think it would like really good. Oh and diy'ers polishing wheels really sucks

·
Registered
148 Posts
If I have a first gen mx6, this brake upgrade would work as long as I have 16's ..... Right? I didn't see anyone who has done it but I think it would work
06-07 MazdaSpeed 6 should be fine. I saw in the YouTube video that it was pretty snug.
I used to have a set of MazdaSpeed 6 front calipers/rotors, bolt right up to the car but my 16" FD wheels would NOT fit over the MS6 calipers(made contact with the rim).

The video I posted shows 07 Mazda6 calipers/rotors and those fit great with 16" wheels :angel:

·
Registered
115 Posts
2007 MZ6 Remanufactured Brake Caliper with Mounting Brackets are $87.99 + $45 core charge at Advanced Auto.

Just a heads up for those interested.

·
Registered
115 Posts
FYI. Rock Auto is even cheaper. $75 with all the mounting hardware per caliper. This with some EBC Ultimax rotors and Red Stuff pads and you'll have some serious braking improvements I imagine...

·
Registered
978 Posts
Speed6 calipers will not fit behind FD rims without a 1" spacer and 1mm shaved off the caliper. Found that on a mazdaspeed forum will verify when I get my ms6 brakes on. Got them for $70 calipers, pads, and slotted rotors.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
978 Posts
What is the biggest rear brakes that will bolt on and have a working e brake? 626 brakes? How much bigger are they? Just looking to fill the wheel well

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
What is the biggest rear brakes that will bolt on and have a working e brake? 626 brakes? How much bigger are they? Just looking to fill the wheel well
Its only been mentioned a few dozens times in this thread so far.. 98+626 is the only bolt on and go upgrade that allows you ebrakes to work and everything without any extra work.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Thank you. Will use search function to find out if, and how much bigger they are over stock.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello All,

Read thru the whole thread and still wasn't clear if a 2 pot front caliper that fits without mods was ever found. I saw on ebay that the 2000-05 Mazda MPV has two piston front calipers. Just wondering about them since I didn't see it mentioned.

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I thought i could post my update here aswell:

So, i tested the hypothesis that the 98+ rear e-brake cables will fit the rear brakes on the 626/probe/MX6, and they do. But thats a very close call.
I would say it is not the ideal solution, but at the time i think it is good enough to drive with. Hopefully i will get a bit more length when i lower the car down from the stands.

I am going to research options to get cables custom made to specs, since that would solve all my problems.

Pictures:

I am also trying to figure out how to do a proper Brake and Clutch master upgrade for a non ABS car, with the 929 brake master anc 626 GD clutch master.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I have a GD clutch master on mine, nothing to that swap...just pull out and replace, then bleed...as for the brake cables, have you adjusted the brake handle all the way loose...could get you ~1/2" or so if it's tightened alot, that's how I did mine, although haven't driven it yet, and the rear isn't all the way together to know it's gonna work...

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Anyone have a source for Axxis Metal Master pads for the Mazda6 calipers?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just ordering the parts to do the swap and since I have 17" rims I'm going to go with the 12.6" Mazdaspeed rotors over the 11.7" ones but I noticed the caliper and mounting bracket are the same part for each application. Is that right? How does it fit almost an extra 1" with the same bracket?

181 - 200 of 223 Posts