Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Different caliper dimensions I would assume. I have the MS6 brakes on 17" rims and it is tightttt. But it fits

·
Registered
115 Posts
I came across this epic thread:

HOW TO: Evo Brembos on a Mazda MPS 6

Maybe old news, but if MS6 calipers fit our car and Evo 8 MR Brembos fit a MS6, then it is logical to assume that with very little work we can fit Evo 8 MR brembos to our car...

Unfortunately, a used set will still run you about $500-$600 USD...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Not necessarily true. It would seem Euro Mazda6 calipers differ from US Mazda6 calipers. The forum you're linking to is an Aussie forum and if they have the same specs as the Euro Mazda6s with regards to caliper mounting holes then we won't get this to fit.

·
Registered
469 Posts
This doesn't mean it won't work, just that it's not a guaranteed fit. It would have to be attempted :). Could be that the speed mounting bolts differ from the regular euro mounting bolts (ie. Aspec speed and Espec speed could be the same, where Aspec regular and Espec regular differ).

·
Registered
329 Posts
So just as I was worried the caliper and bracket, which are listed as the same part # for the 2006 Mazda 6 as the Mazdaspeed 6, won't fit over the Mazdaspeed rotors. So where is the fuck up? Is this miss-information that the Mazdaspeed 6 brakes will fit? Or is the part listing wrong and it's supposed to be a different caliper and bracket than the base model?

·
Registered
978 Posts
I pulled mazdaspeed6 rotors, calipers, pads, and brackets off an Oem Mazdaspeed 6 and they bolted right on.

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey Elmer, is this what your front MS6 caliper with adapter looked like?

Just looking at this vid, it looks like I got screwed and have regular M6 calipers/adapaters. :mad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU6_zdbkZGw

And this is what a MS6 bracket looks like... Notice the differences? :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
115 Posts
if someone has a true mazdaspeed6 bracket, would you be willing to send it to me for measurement? I can't get my hands on one for a reasonable price and I've searched all over the internet. What I want to do is measure the bracket and manufacture my own brackets. I'll pay for shipping. I just need it for one day to take the measurements I need and I'll ship it back and from there, we can just buy the caliper (or if you are like me and are stuck with Mazda6 calipers/bracket) and I'll make the mounting bracket for (hopefully) not a lot of money.

Anyone interested or able to help?

·
Registered
115 Posts
There is a guy with a ms6 in my area who is willing to let me take a look at his adapter. I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I got one sitting on a shelf...PM me with what you need...but I work a stupid schedule, so bug me a couple times, but I can measure it, it's the bracket and caliper, basically whole setup minus the rotors...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well, I've never done this before and I want to learn CAD, so I figure I'm going to take all kinds of measurements to see if I can model the adapter. It's not an overly complicated object to model, so it should be fine. Then I'll take it to a machine shop and see how much they'll charge to make it from a supplied CAD file. The calipers are easy/cheap to procure. The hard part is finding the mounting bracket for the MS6. I hope I can manufacture a small order set for relatively little cash. I think $50/set is a decent price point, but I have a feeling a small qty run is going to be north of $150/set. I don't know until I get a CAD file to my local machine shop, but it's worth my curiosity to find out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well that's disappointing. MS6 and mazda6 calipers are also different. Just verified. Got Rock Auto to reimburse me $20 for my troubles, but it looks like I'm sticking with Mazda6 front rotors. I think with track pads and brake cooling ducts, they'll hold up fine for roadcourse days.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah sorry for the delay, same ones they sent me. Those are the regular Mazda 6 ones, and both the caliper and bracket are different for the MS6 version. I dropped too much on the rotors so I'll be getting the MS6 calipers and brackets from a buddy who works at a dealership for about $150 i think he said.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok forgive my Jubeness,

I just want to see if I have this right..

Mazda 6 2003-2006 brakes (front and rear) will fit however I need the brackets as well for the front and would need custom cables made for the rear. I also need a minimum of 16" wheels to fit them.

My main questions are,
is the above correct?
What is a larger Master cylinder that will work (929?)
Are the aussie Mazda 6's the same spec as the US ones?
Apart from a slightly larger diameter disk, MS6 are the same as M6?
If not, how on earth would I ensure that I have bought all the right parts online?

Hope that made sense, I just fried my brain a little trying to take all the info in from the last 15 pages.

Cheers
Evo

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good luck trying to find MS6 brakes. I've tried lots of different sources saying they have the MS6 calipers, and none do. MS6 calipers are very much different from the standard M6 caliper. I took my front 2003 M6 calipers and compared them to a guy's MS6 and there's a lot different. If you want MS6 brakes, pull them off a MS6 or get them through the dealership parts department. Don't trust the inventory at other sites like Rock Auto, Advanced Auto, O'Riley's, etc..

201 - 220 of 223 Posts