Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
funzie - would you mind adding a few more pics (specifically of the carrier(s), caliper, bracket, and etc (basically a pictorial hot-to) and posting it in 2g? This is a very important upgrade and I'd like to stick it for a while, and add it to the Projects section, if thats cool with you.

Karma, by the way.
Sure thing.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I just ordered mazdaspeed6 brakes!!!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
^^^ HAHAHA NIIIIICE!!! what size wheels do you have? also, let us all know how it works out for you!! take pics during your install..

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Doesn't the first gen have a completely different lug pattern?

To the OP: Good find. If I still had my six, I'd do that swap in a heartbeat. Karma'd.
umm, nope, same bolt pattern, and, I'd have to say that, since guys have put 2g spindles on, and brakes, then my guess would be..............
naa, I'll let you guess! LOL

and I have to give Karma too, thats awesome!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
If you used a 2g spindle/knuckle assembly I dont see why it wouldnt work...
yep, thats what I thought..... its a bit thinker (or thiner) where the spindle goes on the strut, but besides that there a direct bolt on.

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
yep, thats what I thought..... its a bit thinker (or thiner) where the spindle goes on the strut, but besides that there a direct bolt on.
The fronts dont require any modification to the bracket, but the rears do IIRC.

As far as I know, the only difference is that the 2g front knuckles have a larger "hole" where the rim bolts on to center it on the knuckle. (But for those like me using 2g rims, it doesnt matter anyways;))

How hard it is to install that knuckle/hub onto the 1st gen?
As hard as it is to install a 1g knuckle.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
As hard as it is to install a 1g knuckle.
I thought I was pretty clear on that too.......

on a side note, I doubt you'd be able to run 15's with those brakes anyhow, leaving all 1st gen wheels useless anyhow.
(so center hub wouldn't matter)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts

Alex, I hate you :p How much did it cost? Any info on the MS6 calipers?

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
Its been done for a while on probetalk.... :)
Then why did it never end up here? The fact that the MX-6 and Probe share chassis should be blatantly obvious by now, but besides that, it also shares suspension and brakes with the Protege. This is a big thing for the Mazda community as it now proves another vehicle that shares; the Mazda6.

If I still have mine next year, I'm in for this for sure! Karma'd for a great find! But I do agree with Goat, more, detailed pictures are needed!

·
Registered
384 Posts
GREAT find! I'm going into work tomorrow to check prices:tup:

Karma for you!!!!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Then why did it never end up here? The fact that the MX-6 and Probe share chassis should be blatantly obvious by now, but besides that, it also shares suspension and brakes with the Protege. This is a big thing for the Mazda community as it now proves another vehicle that shares; the Mazda6.

If I still have mine next year, I'm in for this for sure! Karma'd for a great find! But I do agree with Goat, more, detailed pictures are needed!
Donno talk to the probe community, they all wanna drive MAZDA's but just ignore the mx6's hehehe lol I never paid attention as I been rolling witha BBK for years so I just assumed this to be obvious knowledge as well.. but a good mod none the less :) Im rolling on russel mazdaspeed protege lines.

Matt

·
Registered
978 Posts
Ok guys. I read all 13 pages of this thread and did a bunch of research and for the front brakes, it seems that the Mazda6 calipers and the mazdaspeed6 calipers are the same. Just the brackets and rotors are bigger. Obviously, Mazda6 calipers are easier to find and cheaper. But, where do I get a set of those brackets???

21 - 40 of 78 Posts