Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
i found them for $39 at a local shop. are you sure those are the mazdaspeed6 brackets on rock auto? because thats what allows you to do the 12.6" instead of the 11.8" i couldnt find mazdaspeed6 brackets on rockauto. if you have a link ill love you long time!

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
it seems that the Mazda6 calipers and the mazdaspeed6 calipers are the same.
NOT correct at all. Believe me. I own and run versions of both.

The speed's front caliper bracket is a TOTALLY different design then the version used on the n/a Mazda 6's. You couldnt even attempt it. It just wouldnt happen.

Now the 03-05 calipers, and the 06+ one's might be the same, and the brackets might be the only difference. Thats more then believable. But the front Speed ones are an entirely different design all together then any of the N/A ones.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
well idk much about the difference but i bought my calipers frm ebay <=D $48 each now i really didnt pay to much attention to what i as buying till i paid (idiot i knw) but i was jut exited to get them and sla them on the car along with drilled and slotted rotors (also frm ebay) anyways well one caliper says right mazda6 and the other left speed6. but whn i got them they r exacly the same bracket and all (oh yeah brackets included with calipers) and im guessing....i got 2 MS6 calipers cause unfortunately....i have 16s and fund out that way. bolts right up though! so im on the mission for 17s!!! pictures coming as soon as i get new rims. unless u guys wann see my combo

·
Premium Member
67 Posts

My wheel went on but it was a tight fit and not a good fit lol. The wheel was rubbing the top of the caliper :( sad I knw

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Those arent Speed6 calipers. Speed6 calipers use a totally different caliper bracket like i said earlier.

Easy way to tell if you have a speed6 caliper or not is if it looks anything like your stock ones, Its not a speed. lol.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Here's a speed6 caliper. Like you can see, the bracket is a bit different of a design then our car, and the regular Mazda6's have. Plus these have that big clip on the front which is only specific to the Speed6 brakes.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Thats so legit, I want them so bad but im gonna have 16" fd wheels so I cant fit em
A few people have fit the Speed6 brakes on FD wheels now. You just have to grind the calipers a little on the top otherwise they rub. But id just take the lazy route of just using the 06+ n/a Mazda6 brakes that clear just fine without any work.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Hey monoxide have you done the 98+ 626 e brake cable switch yet? I wanna know if it works before I grab one
Im already running the 98+ 626 full rear brake upgrade. Which is the same size as the Mazda6 rears. So im not really wanting to spend the money to buy Mazda6 rear calipers, then buy the 98+ 626 cable to see if they work. All in the end to have the exact same size brakes i already had. lol.

Basically just buy the 98+ 626 rear calipers and brakes. They bolt right on, and your stock Ebrake cable works perfect on that set up. ;)

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
NOT correct at all. Believe me. I own and run versions of both.

The speed's front caliper bracket is a TOTALLY different design then the version used on the n/a Mazda 6's. You couldnt even attempt it. It just wouldnt happen.

Now the 03-05 calipers, and the 06+ one's might be the same, and the brackets might be the only difference. Thats more then believable. But the front Speed ones are an entirely different design all together then any of the N/A ones.
I can say that brake pads aren't interchangeable from the 03-05 and the 06 style caliper, pretty sure the 06 caliper is more along the lines of the mx3 front calipers, they use a different style mounting bracket...

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Those arent Speed6 calipers. Speed6 calipers use a totally different caliper bracket like i said earlier.

Easy way to tell if you have a speed6 caliper or not is if it looks anything like your stock ones, Its not a speed. lol.
So I'm confused.....if I dnt have Speed6 calipers y won't they fit in my 16'' rim?? Or do u need 17" rims with any mazda6 caliper set up? And they also fit on my 12" rotor perfect.....

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Here's a speed6 caliper. Like you can see, the bracket is a bit different of a design then our car, and the regular Mazda6's have. Plus these have that big clip on the front which is only specific to the Speed6 brakes.

Those r some sick looking brakes though I like them!

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
So I'm confused.....if I dnt have Speed6 calipers y won't they fit in my 16'' rim?? Or do u need 17" rims with any mazda6 caliper set up? And they also fit on my 12" rotor perfect.....
You have to realize every wheel design is different. And some wheels are extremely Thick cast. Chances are your 16's must be really really thick if there rubbing the n/a brakes. Or when you test fitted everything up, you didnt have it all tightened down. Cause if its just loosely bolted up, It can sag, which can make it rub.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts