Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mazda 1991 626 LX automatic Fuel injected 2.2 Cylinder

I bought this car for 2000$ with 274-km on it
Its in Really good shape Especially the interior it looks like it came straight from the line Inside haha no rust but anyways I had this thing running pretty good I fixed all the little problem i had with it (there was a huge crack in the windshield washer reservoir I glued it fixed it The works anything you can name that you would do with a used car Its in good condition So i start it up one day and oddly enough it didn't want to turn over (I thought it was pretty low on gas so i filled it up with a tank) it put it at half a tank worked
it turned on for about 30 seconds then died so then i got into trouble I started thinking problems like i am having now I thought there was something wrong with the fuel pump so I tested to see if there were any volts going directed to the pump ( lifted up the backseat and opened the panel and used a volt meter on the pump it had volts... so what now right!.... i thought the fuel pump must have kicked it so I took it out Looked at it >.... nothing physically wrong with it that I could see so I bought a new one anyways ( cost me 240.00$ canadian at napa auto) Installed it and wam!!!! the car was working like a dream... So i plugged me stereo amp back in and forgot to unplug it the after i parked it later(if i leave the amp on it kills the battery ) I come back the next day to see if it still works I try turning it on and it starts and dies quickly so i thought oh the battery's dead that must be what it is So i charge the battery try starting it and all it does is Turn over and over :tdown: I go to the front of the car open the hood at Unplug the Fuel filter and get my dad to start it as I look at the fuel filter to see if anything is coming out (by the way There is no way in hell i could have fried a brand-new fuel pump within 24-hours) turns the key a little comes out then i tell him to turn again Not a drop.... what do i do I have no idea maybe some kind of resistor or something! HELP ME AN OLD LADY RIPPED ME OFF!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
wow....i did it...I solved the problem, myself...no help... A it was a 15A fuse.....there is another guy with the same problem...It works now all i did was smack the fuse box and it works...a loose conductor

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok maybe not.... I started the car and went around the block.. and it died on me... I stopped it Started it up again and it worked for a bit... then when i push the gas it died

then i did it for a third time and it works.....I dont know why it did that.... never has done that? it might do it again thats what i am afraid of

1 - 3 of 3 Posts