Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up everyone!

Ive posted a few times on this board already, but I thought id introduce myself to my fellow MX6'ers in Canada.

I bought a pearl white '93 LS MTX this past november for 7000$, and im loving it ever since! I could have had a similar one for $5000, but there were some shady problems with an unpaid bank loan, as well as most importantly, the car just looked beat up and in fairly bad condition (paint peeling). The one I got looks almost like new, Ive had a few friends tell me that it looks like i just drove away from a dealership. Of course i did have to put a bit of work into it, like polishing the paint to make it shinier, and cleaning the head lights, but it was well worth it!

The only thing ive had brake since i got it has been the antena, and now my driver window switch is busted, but otherwise the car has been performing flawlessly.

Im slowly learning how to drive it properly as well, I have never touched an MTX before i bought this car! I drove it to work in North York (from Mississauga) after the weekend i bought it hehe. That was an interesting drive, i *ONLY* stalled it 3 times :D

Now Im starting to learn how to actually utilize the power i have under the hood. If anyone has some tips on racing it (shift points, how to get a good start etc.) id really appreciate them :)

Im also thinking of putting some mods into it eventually, but im not sure where to start, so i have been just looking through the posts here and trying to learn. The first and cheapest (very important hehe) thing i wanna do is put blue lights, as well as blue flashers in it. With a white car they should looks awsome.

Im just wondering whether any of you know of a good after market parts shop in or around Mississauga(Etobicoke, Oakville, Brampton etc are cool too) ?

Derek

PS. Ill post a pic or two of my car if i can get a hold of a scanner somehow.

·
baaaaaaaaaad Honda.
3,857 Posts
After market parts

The best place to get aftermarket parts is JRP in Missisauga on Derry rd. THere a wholesaler that also sells to the public. This equels good prices.
RobbieP

·
Registered
52 Posts
What is the phone number for JRB? ......And do you know where I would be able to buy J-spec headlights and the clear tailights for the MX6?

THANX
AMX62NV

·
baaaaaaaaaad Honda.
3,857 Posts
clear taillights

Hey,
No one makes clear or Altezza syle for this car. If you find them then every person on this board would want them. j specs, I know a place in ontario but if I told you, i'd have to u know what! After I get mine then I'll let my sources out. Sorry guys.
robbiep.:E

·
Registered
299 Posts
Yeah let me know. But then, im moving to Vancouver where there is probably a coupla places I can get them anyways.....
ANd the only place you can get clear tails is this guy I know of who will convert Supra tail lights to clear and sell them to you for 550 US..... not cheap..... at all. Supra tail lights drop right in with almost no modification.

Mike

·
baaaaaaaaaad Honda.
3,857 Posts
supra tails

I'd really like to meet this guy, cause to convert supra tailights to the back of a six is close to 8 hours of body work! My dads best friend is a bodyman and he says it's an absolut b!tc# to do!!

·
Registered
763 Posts
toronto has enufffff aftermarket stores.....

too bad all of them specialize in honda and acura

its hard to find a place that deals mazda parts frequently... and if they do deal with mazdas, the peeps there don't know anything about the car or the parts..

so it kinda sucks

·
Registered
181 Posts
I find I have a hard time finding anything for Mazda's around the GTA as well. I wish I could get more parts local to me then having to pay so much more to have it shipped from the U.S. I don't understand why the MX-6 is so difficult to find parts for... Honda/Acura has taken over the entire aftermarket.. I mean, they have more stuff for Dodge Neon's than MX-6's.. which is ridiculous in my opinion because Neon's a p.o.s. lol.

Sigh.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Well there is Overdrive, Performence improvements that's in newmarket.
what kinda parts are you looking 4? you can always call the mazda dealership charge you an arm & a leg on some items sometimes they charge less than aftermarket parts lol.. just gotta shop around & compare prices.

Here are some stores in town that sell OEM & OEM aftermarket parts

1. Mazda Dealership
2. B & B Dixon
3. Napa
4. Part Source
5. this my favourite place lol. crappy tire
6. Me mazda__parter i've a bunch of used OEM & few aftermarket parts.

·
Premium Member
5,189 Posts
You can get the clear tails on ebay, but supposedly they're not the best quality. That's all i know about them.

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
either way i'd like to get some aftermarket tails but i'd like to pick them up and not have them shipped, anyone know where I can get some?

·
Registered
153 Posts
RedBond1 should be Crowned Zombie King

1 - 17 of 17 Posts