Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was surfing around reading up on the new 6 and I found an article on Car and Driver's website about a car carrying ship, the Cougar Ace, that listed over, damaged a few cars on board and as a result Mazda decided to crush ALL 4700 + cars on board. Here's the link to a youtube vid:

Now I'm sure there is a great legal argument as to why ALL the cars had to be crushed when only a FEW of them had any actual damage. I would gladly have signed a waver to get one of those cars. There's also probably an argument why all those very expensive and PERFECTLY fine parts couldn't have been salvaged and reused.

That's heartbreaking really. There's a pic on the C&D website showing a lot with 100 or more Miatas, brand new, in PERFECT condition, waiting to be crushed and shreded. They should have had 20 years and 200,000 miles of life ahead of them but they never even had a chance.

Damn. This makes me angry.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Wow... What I'd have done to get one of those RX-8's. I'd gladly sign that I wouldn't have held Mazda at fault for any problems with one either, related to that accident. Even 200,000 miles down the road, or the next day.

That's such a shame. I'd still have bought one...

I guess it's so they look good still, not selling any when there could even be one fault, to make sure that everything they sell is still be perfect, but God... What I'd have done for that one black RX-8 I'm looking at getting stacked on... :tdown:

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
that was over a year ago. there was a few threads even on here about it back then when it happened. i have a friend that special ordered a MS6, and it was on that boat. after waiting over 4 months, he ended up taking his down payment, and getting a MS3 instead that they already had on the lot.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sadly, as C&D points out, only a very small number had any damage. Most were still perfect. Your buddy's MS6 was shredded into bits, and probably is a new washing machine in someone's basement now. It likely didn't have a scratch on it, or even 10 miles on the clock. Such a shame. I want to cry.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Funny thing, it wasn't until it was all over that I realized that I had actually seen that lot with thousands of mazdas in it. Kinda funny seeing all those cars going to be ripped up..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts