Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone and Anyone that can Help me... Well First off.. today .I drove my Car into my driveway.. and shut it off No Problems.. This car has had NO problems like this before I had Gone Back to my Car Later that day.. and it wouldn't start
The Car would Turn over.. fine over and over again
But I Think there might be a problem with the Fuel pump Because I tried listening to it to hear it run and nothing... Maybe a relay Wtf I don't know what to do

It just randomly did this I don't know why

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Have you checked for spark and fuel delivery ? Check Engine Light been on ?

Feel free to drop into and say hi in the Canadian section, you may be able to get some local help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a spark Full Sparks.. I unplugged the fuel filter to see Running gas after startup( it just turns over and over again) Like I said I tried lisening to the fuel pump no sound I dont know how this could have happend it started perfect... I parked it.. I got back in later that day and tried to start it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is No engine Light I have used a volt meter on the Fuel pump Power Cables to see if active power was there after startup Yes there was So It has to be the fuel pump I;m going to replace it and see what happens.. if that doesn't work... then I have no clue on whats going on

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well

Just for the hell of it I tried Jump starting it... and Well well well.... it started and the Fuel pump starting Singing... I still think there are some power problems I just put a new battery in it (a high end one) and I noticed some power issues the Passenger Window is no longer powerful anymore it (electronic motor might be going) isn't going fast or strong its weak it almost needs assistance in going up heck even down it goes slow I might try and go to a car yard(I went to one called "pick apart" where they let you take any part off and buy it They only had three mx6's 1990,1991,1989) two standards and one automatic the 1990 GT was in pretty good shape it had a turbo I tried removing it but the front of the car was smashed in thus it ended up in the car yard I think i might go back and remove the windshield motor out and try it in my car (its a bitch to take out)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
guess what its BACK AGAIN! WTF is wrong with this thing I started it and put it in reverse left it there for like 20 secs
and it shut off then I tried starting and it IT JUST TURNS OVER AND OVER OMFG!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I had Taken Out the old Fuel Pump and Replaced it with a Brand SPANKIN NEW ONE that cost me 240$ at napa Auto I put it in myself
and now my car works like a charm
My only problem now is my rear window defroster works but about half of the Window Bars do not work (ithink they somehow cracked away) but is it true you can get paint for them

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
yes you can get a repair kit for them. A Good motor factors should stock it, or have a search on the internet for some.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok....seriously I am screwed I spent 240.00$$$ on a new pump and guess what i replaced it it worked and NOW I come back the following dayand try starting it and it doesnt work! wtf

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok Today I took off the Fuel Filter and Turned the Car over and over... not a drop of gas came out.... remember i put a new fuel pump in it was working for the day i put it in and now I think that this is in fact an electrical issue apparently in my Mazda Mx6 1989-1992 repair manual there is a group of resistors inside the car underneath the day located by an airflow pipe I think that something is loose maybe a wire or something Really stupid and small man I wish you could return a fuel-pump this means i bought a new one for nothing by the way. I really wish someone is having the same problem as me( well my friend is his RX-7 1992 is doing the identical thing for some reason haha) but seriously I need more help more ideas if possible

1 - 14 of 14 Posts