Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just quoting someone on the mazda6 forum. It sounds like fun and I've already confirmed I'll be there with my mazda6. Throwing it out there for the mx6ers

01Racing said:
Hi everyone,
Last year we did a Mazda day at Mosport on the Mother's day race weekend. It was a free day for all Mazda owners with lapping behind a pace car at lunch time. Just want to know how many people would come out for this type of event. There will be an area for parking and watching the races (all free of course) then when the racing stops for lunch we will go out on the track for lapping behind a pace car. No special equipment is needed, just to go out and have fun. I also thought of adding a fee of like $20.00 for the track and donating the money to Sick Kids Hospital, I think it would look good on the club to do that.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what speeds car u get to behind the pace car? ... I'm in either way!
I used to do security there so i used to take my 92 cavalier around the track when everyone was asleep lol
Your question was asked in the torontomazda6 forum as well. Just going to cut/paste a reply from a person who attended last year. He was driving a ms6...

yellowmp5 said:
viperman said:
Hey Dima did u get ur new car or still driving the old one? I think the pace car will be faster than 60km/h..i've never driven on a real track so I'll just go for the thrill and experience and the money's going to good cause so all good :D
guys when i was there last year, i was the 3rd one behind the pace....
like i said i was the drag cuz i entered a corner @ a very low speed...
but when i get out of turn, i alwayz out run the RX8s behind me....
and sometimes able to catch up to the MS3 ahead of me...

surely you'll go over 60km/h....i was able to get up up 170km/h
on a straight run after coming out of a turn and goin' straight on
a good stretch.....

however, when Al is notified that someone is "DRAGGING" (from the radio) or not following close, he'll slow down in his pace car....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I will probably come down for the event. But i would be more interested in a real track day. I've never raced on a road course before and i really want to this year. Anybody here have some info for me on when and where an open track day would be? It would be cool if we could arrange a day for more of us from mx6.com to go and really enjoy our cars

1 - 5 of 5 Posts