Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a mazdaspeed 3 or 6 oil cap fit a KL engine or is it a different size?

·
Registered
954 Posts
I think the threads on the speeds' oil caps are smaller than ours.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I can double-check since a few of my friends have speed3s and two have speed6s are gonna be at our next meet but that won't be till thurs.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Yes it fits

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
ive got one on mine it fits for sure...only thing is if you have a stock de valve cover it sits upside down...the one with the writing at the bottom(maybe millenia?) it sits the right way

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
If you get the MX-5 / RX-8 one, you can adjust the logo position, but not the MS3 / MS6 one.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So just to clarify. I know the link above is for the 2.0L engine. So a mazdaspeed oil cap from a 3 or 6 WILL fit a KLDE OR KLZE engine, except just won't be right side up? and the mx-5 and rx-8 have mazdaspeed oil caps that will fit the KL engine but have adjustable centers?

If you get the MX-5 / RX-8 one, you can adjust the logo position, but not the MS3 / MS6 one.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
DOM has one on his KL, so they fit for sure, and I believe FS and KL share the same oil cap.

·
Registered
384 Posts
DOM has one on his KL, so they fit for sure, and I believe FS and KL share the same oil cap.
I can confirm this, as I took my aftermarket oil cap off of the FS in my 626 and put it on my ZE in the mx6 :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts