Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
were getting one soon, my dad might buy one :E if he can sell our old 95 grand marquis, and our 98 windstar. right now he's driving a 2005 camry, my mom would drive the camry, and my dad would drive the mazda

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Koala, make sure they get one!! :) :) Definitely post pics if you end up getting it too. I love the car, hopefully we'll be taking one for a test drive when they come into the dealership down here.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
omg today my and a buddy took 2 cars for test drives :) first was a 2000 Lincol Ls v8 5 speed auto, not winter driven, 80,000 kms, looks brand friggen new (doctor used to own it) pretty sure we didn't need a salesman to go with us (i love having a a well known family to the whole province :)) so yeah we turned the traction control off, did a good donut and a good stripo, omg i'm in love with it. i love how it shifts into second, it's a dream on corners.
second test drive was a 2000, or a 2001 acura TL 3.2L 5 speed automatic. (once again, no salesman :)) it wasn't to bad, even with traction control off yuo can't do a burnout, it just kinda hops. since we did a test drive at honda and we know tyhe detailor (a good friend) we drove the acura in some construction zones to get it nice and dirty, when we got back to the dealer the salesman just laughed it was great.

oh both cars were full loaded :)

but yeah, i think we might stick to the mazdaspeed :) i'll try to convince him

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Sweet. Sounds like you had fun on the test drive. Those are always interesting :)

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Koala8998 said:
omg today my and a buddy took 2 cars for test drives :) first was a 2000 Lincol Ls v8 5 speed auto, not winter driven, 80,000 kms, looks brand friggen new (doctor used to own it) pretty sure we didn't need a salesman to go with us (i love having a a well known family to the whole province :)) so yeah we turned the traction control off, did a good donut and a good stripo, omg i'm in love with it. i love how it shifts into second, it's a dream on corners.
second test drive was a 2000, or a 2001 acura TL 3.2L 5 speed automatic. (once again, no salesman :)) it wasn't to bad, even with traction control off yuo can't do a burnout, it just kinda hops. since we did a test drive at honda and we know tyhe detailor (a good friend) we drove the acura in some construction zones to get it nice and dirty, when we got back to the dealer the salesman just laughed it was great.

oh both cars were full loaded :)

but yeah, i think we might stick to the mazdaspeed :) i'll try to convince him
speaking about test drives .. me and my friends test drove a 04 Rx-8 and and 03 G35 coupe tiptronic .. both amazing cars .. cant wait till the dealers get the Mazdaspeed6.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
apparently there is one in Halifax and everybody that drives it are saying "it has amazing steering to go with the balls" or something like that

·
Premium Member
5,344 Posts
I guess I would officially be the only one on this board that has driven the car. I did a car show with Mazda a few months ago, and they brought one of the prototypes. Because no one else on the team could freakin drive for the life of them, I drove it! Let me say, the clutch is weird and it makes it really difficult to drive. Over all, its insanely quick! I think it spools at like 3000RPM or 2500 or something. Anyways, worth testing out for sure. There is a black one here in Barrie for sale at NorthWood Mazda. They probably wont let you drive it, but for the price, just buy it if your looking for one!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
matt there is a red one up here too.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Wow, $40 grand for a 4 cylinder turbo with 274 HP. That's a pretty penny! I remember when they were selling new Protege Mazdaspeeds for $30,000 or so. One dealer ended up clearing a few of them out brand new for $23,000. I was tempted to buy one, but I wasn't too keen on the style.

I wonder if the price will drop a bit on the Mazdaspeed 6's after some time.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
the Mazdaspeed 6 just hit PEI :E Well, it got here friday or saturday, but they put it outside for ppl to see today :E

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Oh, the mazdaspeed came outside for sale last monday, and umm, pretty sure it was sold that monday...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts