Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

MB Quart???

2K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  unkiedave 
#1 ·
I'm shopping for subs(again) and I want to know if MB Quart is a good brand. Are they tight or is the bass just loud and muddy. How do they compare to alpine Type R's. Check out this link...

http://www.discountave.net/dwe304mb12ca.html

What do you guys think... are they a better buy than these...

SWR-1241D Alpine 12" Car Subwoofer / 1000 Watts.. 300 rms

I would really appreciate some quick but knowledgeable feedback.
Thanks.

#2 ·
mb quart is very good, top end stuff. The alpine xr are alpines best stuff and soung pretty good. I'd go with the MB but I couldnt click on the link and see which ones they were. Oh they arent muddy and just loud

#5 ·
I think the site looks good and reputable. Now whether you wanna get the mb's over the alpine is up to you, they are both good, also mxmissle is selling some xr's I believe. Might wanna check it out

#6 ·
you can get the alpine type r 12" for 115.00 shipped at www.ikesound.com I just ordered my third one I had my lug wrench go right through my speaker. I had to brake really hard because of a**hole drivers. I was pissed because I took off my speaker grill to rewire:mad:
anyway I really like my type R's they really hit hard even with my back seat up@-

#9 ·
The Alpine Type R's are good subs, but they haven't ever sparked my interest in a big way.

The new MB Quart woofs seem to be very good, but I'm leery of them, because of the recent Fosgate influence....

You could look into W3v2's for that, I think that's where I'd go, also Elemental and Adire - though I personally don't like the Shiva much. Treo TSX series can be had in that range - IF you can find them.

Hope that helped more than it hurt....

#11 ·
I believe Ill go with the Quarts, no one around here seems to know what they are (" mb quart, is that a type of beer?") so they must be pretty good.

Elemental and Adire, Treo TSX what the hell are these annd are they any good?

#12 ·
MB Quart is very good. Again, I'll state that I'm not fully on board since Fosgate bought them up.

Adire and Elemental are found primarily online (Adireaudio.com, and - I think - elementaldesigns.com) and make some very good equipment, both have a loyal following and great feedback from consumers. Treo Engineering makes quite possibly the best woofers out there, but finding a dealer is something of a challenge. There's also Digital Designs, though I dunno about in that pricerange, Resonant Technologies - again, their worthy stuff is spendy, though. MTX makes some damn fine subs in that range, as does Image Dynamics.

The oint is, you're looking at some fine subs - but there's better out there for the money. ;)

#17 ·
The Anti Rice said:
everyone around here has JL's. I want to be different.

RWC304 Mb Quart 12" Referenz Car Subwoofer Speaker(300 Watts)

Can anyone tell me what the rms of this sub is...is it 300 or is that max?
Since when is it "cliche" to have a certain audio equipment? They're good thats why everyone buys them. I thought it was about sound, not appearance:rolleyes:

I guess I posted that twice:confused:

#18 ·
no 1. I don't like JL, they have been done to death around here, ask ne one whats in there car and they will say JL, its old and Im tired of JL. I want somethink that sounds, looks, and hits differently than JL.

no 2. I asked a question about RMS not about being accused of being cliche.

#19 · (Edited)
Legacy sounds, looks and hits differently :shrug:

i wanted all jl but cann't afford it. low line mbquarts blow. their high line is awesome other than the tweets make my ears want to bleed. xr jl componets are great and not too hard on the tweets like mbquart. Jl will always be my preference if I can shell out the money but I'm looking into getting Polk MM6 componets. good mid bass and mid range with a slightly toned down tweet. Listen to the MBQuarts before you buy and find out how much power is being run to them when you listen to them.

#24 · (Edited)
It will be in a small hatchback box .65 to 1 cubic foot and there will be two ..... so any suggestions, I want to go with Planet Audio amps but Im open to suggestions, I have the Alpine 9815 Head unit.

I would still appreciate those RMS numbers though....plx.

#25 ·
Buy one on ebay from a powerseller. you will not have to worry about getting screwed. plus it's FAR cheaper that way!!!

#26 ·
if you really want something different,, then go with rainbow car audio.... you can even run arc audio KAR amps.... and image dynamics isnt well known either,,,,

but if your only reasoning for not buying jl is because everyone else has them,,,, well that is kind of dumb,, jl's make one of the best sq an spl subs around,,, and im sure the mids/tweets are good also...

what are you looking for,, sound quality,, or spl..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.