Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mechanic took me for a ride in his modified porche 911.

He has a manual boost controller rigged up near the handbrake. What would be some issues that I could run into if I wanted to set this up on the probe?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Yeah, the line would be way too long, even with a generous amount of hose I still managed some creep even mounting it near the turbo.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
There's a guy with a 1st gen that I met up with at the track that has an adjustable boost controller in the cabin . I believe it was an air pressure regulator from an air compressor. He had it mounted underneath the stereo and it looked really clean. He said he had no boost spike issues either.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
TiZBaD99 said:
My mechanic took me for a ride in his modified porche 911.

He has a manual boost controller rigged up near the handbrake. What would be some issues that I could run into if I wanted to set this up on the probe?
sure you can run the dual solenoid boost controller.what that is is the actual manual boost controller/solenoid will be under the hood.and a toggle switch runs in the cabin.you can switch between the low and high setting,the low being the wastegate setting(stock boost) while the high is whatever you set the boost to,
this is easy to do.you can use the stock solenoid for this setup.

·
Registered
711 Posts
My controller is inside the car. Very little boost spike on old setup. No spike on this setup (external wastegate). Mine is mounted where the adjustable suspension controls were.

Matt

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I run no wastegate line at all and only get 16 psi but it spikes to 20 sometimes and then other times it will go down to about 12 :shrug:

G

·
Simple, works under the same principle as your speedometer cable. Rotate one end in your car, and the other end of the cable spins the spring adjusting screw.

Outrageously overpriced though :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts